Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 DHS now has 107K but the info panel still says 100% life and the manual says it should not need changing unless one does heavy duty driving. I checked it today and was surprised that the fluid was not bright orange but a light brown. I have heard that some tranny fluids now are not always bright orange so that is one question. I also have noticed that the shifts seem a little more noticeable but that may be my imagination. If I do get the fluid changed are there adjustments than can be made in this transmission or is it just a fluid change?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
If it is brown, change it. Don't let them flush it. No adjustments.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I drop pan and change mine every 25k. If I am real compulsive, I will drop pan twice in one week to get almost all fluid out and replaced. At the most, I might be wasting $25. By the way, filter is up inside of tranny from what I hear. Caddy dealer in Memphis told me they were changing filters for months on various Northstar trannies before they realized they were changing wrong filter. Apparently one in pan and one inside tranny????

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
There are 2 reusable screens inside the pan. The "filter" is internal and only changed on tear down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts