Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seats are a bit dirty (just bought the car) but I am not having much luck cleaning them. I bought Meguiars leather spray stuff which is supposed to both clean and condition but it doesn't do much in the way of cleaning...

I don't want to wreck the leather so I'm hesitant to just try anything, and when I scrubbed harder and used a cotton cloth with some texture it started to scrape the surface off the leather (fortunately I tried it in an inconspicuous place first!)

help?

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Lexol, buy the cleaner & conditioner.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
For cleaning I've always used Lexol, for conditioning I find it hard to beat Leatherique, its pricey stuff but dang it works good, just did it again this past weekend and the difference is amazing. Hadn't read the method Sandy had before....I'm going to have to give that a try though, sounds cheap and the results look great.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts

Finally i get some credit! Thank you x 1,000 times !!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy

·
Registered
'04 EXT
94 Posts
It's your car, and your right to do with it whatever you want. But I would never put Pledge on any surface of my car. The only place I've heard of doing this was the first hole in the wall detailing shop I ever worked in, the kind that only does dealership cars...I wonder why this is? But we're not gonna start that fight again haha! Your car, your call; but I would stick to a dedicated automotive product when dealing with my $2,000 seats. Why risk that amount of money to save $4? You could definitely try this, the results look amazing: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...162426-diy-freshen-up-leather-seats-20-a.html

Hope This Helps.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
gonna think Im nuts but I swear this worked on my acura legend seats and leather interior like a charm

Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

I used 2 of em on my Legends interior and it cleaned EVERYTHING off with minimal scrubbing (meaning I barely applied any pressure. Put some Lexol conditioner on afterwards and it looked awesome (BTW I had light tan interior...all leather just like our cars)

I was skeptical at first but I swear it removed everything. even all the old conditioner and all stains that were in the car. I had a almost new interior in under a hour.

even the door sills that were all scraped up from feet sliding in and out.

Just have to be sure to FULLY condition after.

I suggest some nice microfiber cloths to rub in Lexol and then buff afterwards

·
Registered
ETC
34 Posts
gonna think Im nuts but I swear this worked on my acura legend seats and leather interior like a charm

Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

I used 2 of em on my Legends interior and it cleaned EVERYTHING off with minimal scrubbing (meaning I barely applied any pressure. Put some Lexol conditioner on afterwards and it looked awesome (BTW I had light tan interior...all leather just like our cars)

I was skeptical at first but I swear it removed everything. even all the old conditioner and all stains that were in the car. I had a almost new interior in under a hour.

even the door sills that were all scraped up from feet sliding in and out.

Just have to be sure to FULLY condition after.

I suggest some nice microfiber cloths to rub in Lexol and then buff afterwards
I agree 110% with the Magic Eraser. To test and see the results get out an old pair of white leather sneakers and give it a go, you will be amazed.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Leatherique Rejuvenator oil and Prestine Clean products will bring your leather back to factory-new.

I USED to be a Lexol proponent, but no more - not since I found the Leatherique stuff - it's THAT good!!!

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
Frost is entirely correct....Leatherique.com for the best leather treatment I have ever used. Returns the smell and feel of leather like nothing else.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I use Leatherique as well to condition the leather. When I got my Fleetwood the front seats were as hard as cardboard. I used about 16 oz of the stuff on each seat and it took about 5 treatments over a few days but now they feel softer than some brand new cars I have been in.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Do not put pledge on the exterior of the car ! Not a good idea.

I use soverene by pinnacle cream wax. Not too hard to use and terrific results. It's expensive, but lasts a long time and does not dry up in its can. Buy it here:

www.pinnaclewax.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts