Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know the rims in this pic orginaly came on a cadillac in the years 1984 and 1983, but what cadillac was it? i have been searching on the net all night with nothing. also were can i find a set? thanx

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
Those look like aftermarket wire wheels. The wire wheels of the 80's had a big center cap looking thing.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
Those look like aftermarket wire wheels. The wire wheels of the 80's had a big center cap looking thing.
they just changed the caps to some two prongs...the ones on that car are the real thing...that car is from the Boyz In Blue Bosshogg Outlawz...they are hard to find rims in houston, people be gettin killed for them cuz they are so rare, especially the 84's because they made less of them and they poke out more than the 83's

·
Registered
Cadillac
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i knew it would take a fellow Texasboy to know. that's slim thug's caddy. around here we just call them "Swangas" but i don't know what caddy they came on. they do just switch out the center piece. there going for like $3g's a set and if you already have them they might cost you your life. were they on flleetwoods or what?
thanx

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
to texas people we would rather get the 84s or 83s (from cadillacs from 1984 and 1983) that poke out then get cragar, which tried to imitate the design when they stopped making swangas....when i see cars with cragar star wires i just laugh at them....i would rather get the real thing

·
Registered
74 Eldorado
149 Posts
Ok,,, now i got ya. :thumbsup: .. I loved those ones that came off the 83' and 84's.

where can you find those wheel anymore?

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
on ebay but they go for alot like 5000....there is also a place called http://www.texanwirewheels.com/ but it says that it is closed for the holidays.....i heard that someone was trying to shut them down either because the wheels stick out alot or the wheel were bending .....not 100% sure......tww reproduce the rims they arent the original ones......but they are a whole lot better than cragar

·
Registered
1 Posts
to texas people we would rather get the 84s or 83s (from cadillacs from 1984 and 1983) that poke out then get cragar, which tried to imitate the design when they stopped making swangas....when i see cars with cragar star wires i just laugh at them....i would rather get the real thing
U must be a youngsta if uknew yo history cragar 30 spokes are 83s "84s &just dont have no dish spokes are right onda edge of the lip maken em poke harder came onda 1984 eldorado barritz just had lac centercaps😂😂

cragar are knock-offs....the 84s poke out...cragars dont
Crazy fool cragars are 83s they came out befo 84s if it wasnt fa 3s wouldnt b no 4s

on ebay but they go for alot like 5000....there is also a place called Texan Wire Wheels | Custom Spoke Wheels and Wire Wheels but it says that it is closed for the holidays.....i heard that someone was trying to shut them down either because the wheels stick out alot or the wheel were bending .....not 100% sure......tww reproduce the rims they arent the original ones......but they are a whole lot better than cragar
Once again you a youngsta tww rims rust quick & held together with glue & allen key screws they crack & spikes pop out ***** i dun seen tww rims whee da whole hub popped off ,as with the original cragar or mclean 30 spoke theyre welded thats why they still around till today maybe rusty but you wont here bout no rims or spokes completely comin off after just a year tww are made cheap just overpriced my kinfolk on his 3rd pair & they sitttn up

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,419 Posts
Good morning and Welcome to CF !!!

You have quoted and replied to a thread that has been dead for 14 years, and the member you quoted has not logged in for over 13 years.

Please look at thread and post dates so we don't clutter the forums with old, past discussions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
252 Posts
U must be a youngsta if uknew yo history cragar 30 spokes are 83s "84s &just dont have no dish spokes are right onda edge of the lip maken em poke harder came onda 1984 eldorado barritz just had lac centercaps

Crazy fool cragars are 83s they came out befo 84s if it wasnt fa 3s wouldnt b no 4s

Once again you a youngsta tww rims rust quick & held together with glue & allen key screws they crack & spikes pop out * i dun seen tww rims whee da whole hub popped off ,as with the original cragar or mclean 30 spoke theyre welded thats why they still around till today maybe rusty but you wont here bout no rims or spokes completely comin off after just a year tww are made cheap just overpriced my kinfolk on his 3rd pair & they sitttn up
Is that how they roll in Texas? Well in my neck of the woods this is how we roll! 235/55/17 Vogues on 100 spoke Daytons.. Only in the West. 90047.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,672 Posts
Is that how they roll in Texas? Well in my neck of the woods this is how we roll! 235/55/17 Vogues on 100 spoke Daytons.. Only in the West. 90047.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
=======================
well - if YOU like that look -
that's all that matters -

1 - 16 of 16 Posts