Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so right now I have one sort of nicer than mediocre Cadillac, a saddle 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe with 235k miles, and one pretty darn decent Cadillac, a yellow 1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with 63k miles.

Had a hand-me-down 1977 Sedan deVille in Hudson Bay Blue when in college in the late '80's that had no vinyl top and a big bench seat...loved that car!

The first Cadillac I bought on my own was a 1978 Fleetwood Limousine (non formal/no divider) in sterling blue with 29k miles back in '00. Next bought a sort of decent brown 1978 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with 109k. Then scored with a like new 1976 Fleetwood Brougham with 9,700 miles AND the dual airbag option in Florentine Gold Firemest. Then an average 1990 Brougham d'Elegance with 67k miles in gray with a 350. Then the '81 Brougham Coupe, which I still have now and, most recently the '79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance.

Would LOVE a '58 Series 62 convertible, '58 Fleetwood 60-special, '64 Fleetwood, '69 Fleetwood, '76 Fleetwood Talisman, '76 Fleetwood Formal Limousine, '84 Fleetwood Formal Limousine, '85 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible with some other engine than the HT4100, and, what I'd absolutely go crazy to have: '06 custom crafted DTS formal limo by S&S in candy apple red with styling like the old factory Cad Limo but NO vinyl! WOW! Let's go out for cocktails!

What do you all have/had/like??!!

Dave

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Well, I have a '95 Fleetwood Brougham that I customized a bit to make it the kind of Cadillac I could live with. It's the first and most likely the last Cadillac for me. I have no wish to own any others. I never really wanted one but there was just something about these last gen. Fleetwoods that always made me think they were in some way special.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
I have an 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance in mint condition as an all original stock cruiser. I want both a 69 Sedan de Ville or a 79 Coupe de Ville. I'm pretty close to a 79 right now all I need is a place to put it. I've never owned a Caddy before this one but my exgirlfriend had an 86 Sedan de Ville I used to drive sometimes.

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
I have a 1970 Sedan DeVille. Gold with a black vinyl top. Picked it up for a song and it has been a great car ever since. Probably worth 10x what I paid and the seats are more comfortable than my sofa...

This is the first Caddy I've owned.

I'd like to have a '69 or '70 Convertible Coupe DeVille with some more modern touches like an overdrive tranny, EFI, maybe some nitrous and a small blower just peeking through the hood :lildevil:
I really like the late 40's coupes with the fastback body style, they look so sleek for a car of that age.
Heck, most Caddies from the late 40's to '70 would be a treat to own. Don't care for the '59 as much though :shhh:, fins are too big, sorry.
The styling of the Seville roadsters from the early 80's has always appealed to me, but they're FWD, so not as cool. Maybe if it had a diesel though, that would be neat (have a diesel Benz which has really turned me on to the rattly engines)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Have-1992 Sedan deVille

Want (In order of how much I want)
* 90-92 Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance (preferably w/ 5.7 V8)
* 77-78 Eldorado Biarritz
* 97-99 Deville Concours
* 74-76 Fleetwood Brougham
* 93-94 Seville STS
* 79-85 Eldorado Biarritz
* 75-76 Coupe deVille (preferably with white leather)'

PS. Great thread idea! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 sedan devile
50 Posts
i'm coming out of my sportscar stage and hitting my i want more room stage. As this is my first post I should Introduce myself. I am Richard and I am part of a long tradition of Caddy owners. In the fleet is a 1950 sedan deville, a 1974 eldorado (original owner, still smells new), a 1978 eldorado. and in our memories a 79 coupe deVille and my favorite. 1974 Sedan Deville. I am considering adding a mid ninties eldorado or fleetwood next year to my garage. I am really missing the big car feel. I have been driving an RX-7 until recently. Now my family car is a tracer. not the kind of quality I expect in a car. so here I am!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
This is a good thread. For more exposure I'm gonna move it to the lounge seeing as it's not really focusing on the RWD cars and I'm sure the other members would love to add their cars in.

Well now, if we're making lists.....

In order of desire....
~*~ 1969 Sedan de Ville, black
~*~ 1979 Coupe de Ville, tan or biege
~*~ 1970 Coupe de Ville, red
~*~ 1995 Fleetwood Brougham, red or black
~*~ 1981 Seville Elegante, two toned paint
~*~ 1981 Eldorado Biarritz, black
~*~ 1993 Sedan de Ville, gunmetal grey
~*~ 1976 Eldorado, gold
~*~ 1995 Sedan DeVille, blueish green
~*~ 2006 DTS, black

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
I've got my 1998 STS right now which I've had for over 3 years now.

I'm on a mission to get a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham (all black of course). I don't knwo when it will happen, but it will, and when it does happen, it will be one mean sleeper.

I'm also considering the future possibilty of an '06 CTS-V or even an '07 since I hear they will probably be redesigning the basic CTS form.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I have a 99 Seville STS, an 04 Deville DHS, and a 99 Sedan Deville.

I've had a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum, a 1993 Eldorado 4.9, a 1999 Escalade.

I would like the following:

1994-96 Fleetwood Brougham (with LT1 in triple black),
1959 Eldorado
1979 Coupe Deville
1992 Brougham
1993 Sixty Special
2006 DTS Performance Package (looking into that soon)
1993 Coupe Deville
1991 FWD Fleetwood Coupe
1992-98 Seville STS
2002 Eldorado

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I still have my '96 Seville, I always wanted one and 98000 miles later, I'm still happy. I previously had a '90 DeVille and a '62 DeVille. My mom and aunt have owned several that I have and do drive occasianally.
I like a bunch of the new stuff, but the next one we buy will probably be an SRX for my wife. I'll buy used though, after owning over 30 new cars, I won't pay that depreciation any more for any brand of vehicle.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
I have a 1999 Cadillac Eldorado, first car was a 1990 Cadillac Eldorado and I don't really want any certain model of Cadillac at the moment. Perhaps a Lexus?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Wow..I'm surprised so many of you guys like the Land Yachts. They roll and pitch like small boats. They accelerate rather slowly and braking that mass is difficult. Now that I've pissed you guys off:D

I traded my 2001 Eldorado in on the '04 Cadillac CTS. Reason being Cadillac stop making Eldorados and I was ready for a new Cadillac. So here I am in my '04 CTS 3.6VVT. Next? Either a new CTS in '07 when the body change to supposed to be or maybe move up to the NorthStar powered STS. I'm a performance oriented car owner and make demands on my car. I've already have $4,000 worth of Mods on this CTS. A DeVille just could accomplish what I want. I feel like I should be wearing a chaffeur's hat.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
got a 94 deville .....
want a V .....CTS-V
Did you know you can get the STS with a SuperCharged NorthStar rated at 469HP!!
It's got some extra weight over the CTS-V but the extra 69HP should move it past the 400HP of the V.

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
I've got a CTS-V (my first Cadillac), although I've been a fan of the Allante and the previous generation Eldorado. I would love the XLR-V - maybe someday......

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
I had a 91 SDV, nice car (really liked that body style) but it was too badly neglected by the previous owner(s) and was eating through my wallet at an unacceptable rate after about 2 years of ownership. It killed me too, because I really wanted (and tried) to bring the car back to near perfect, just couldn't be done - it was a losing battle.

Anyway, sold that one for a loss and bought my 1995 SDV, spring special in Cotillion White, shale interior. I love this car. It has been incredibly reliable in the 2+ years I've owned it, and is in better shape now than when I bought it (but it was well maintained by the previous owner I should point out).

It is a great looking, nice riding car that has the room and the features I wanted, and has been a true pleasure to drive. I have poured a lot of money into it, much of it for "elective" procedures but I consider it worthwhile as I bought it for a bit less than book value and have spread out the repairs and upgrades enough that it hasn't shot my budget all to hell.

I'm 99% certain that my next one will be a 99-02 Eldorado (the newer the better) as I really like the looks of the last gen Eldo. I say 99%, because the only thing that may prevent me from getting an Eldorado is if a really choice 99 Deville in top shape for a low price (when I'm ready to buy my next one) comes along.

After that? Well, I do like the CTS a lot, but it is perhaps a bit small for my taste after doing the Deville thing for so long. The Eldo feels about the same to me in the front seat, rear is a bit cramped. I am also intrigued by the 2006 DTS, it is a really sharp car that I will very likely buy used at some point down the road. But, I'm getting way ahead of myself now.

FWIW, I really have become a Caddy man. I do not see any other car on the road now that appeals to me, based on looks or reputation. If I had to buy something other than a Cadillac, I don't know what I'd get, as there are no other makes that really do it for me.

I won't buy Japanese lux, I find them boring, and there are billions of them on the road it seems; luxury should have at least some measure of exclusivity. They also have no heritage, Lexus/Acura/Infiniti et al. have been around for what - less than two decades?

Euro lux? I'll pass, they are overpriced [because they can, the sheep still buy 'em no matter the $$$, gotta have "that" image] and the styling does nothing for me - BMW makes an interior that is colder than a witches +|+$ in a brass bra. Their more recent body restylings are also less than stellar.

MB has too many problems stemming from over-enigneering everything (proving that more complicated does not equal better). BMW is starting to fall into this trap too it seems.

Jaguar, well they are pretty cars but out of my price range and I can get one hell of a lot of Cadillac for my money vs. what I'd have to shell out for a heavily used [up] Jag. Oh, and a Cadillac can still be fixed in my driveway on the weekend with many readily availble parts, the Jag takes a $20 oil filter that I have to get at the dealer - and it's a division of Ford [I just can't trust them].

So there you have it. Caddies for me all the way, I'll probably be buried in one.

KDirk

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
i have a 03 CTS and an 89 Deville. had a 93 Fleetwood Brougham. would like to have:

another 93-96 Fleetwood/ Fleetwood Brougham

CTS-V

STS (05 &^)

XLR

DTS

00-05 Deville/ DHS/ DTS

00-02 Seville

00-02 Eldorado

94-99 Deville/ Concours/ D'elegance

in about 2 years i will have another Fleetwood Brougham and probably a 94 or 96 Deville, so i will have those and my current two so ill have 4 Cadillacs.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I have a 2003 Escalade! I would love to have the XLR-V (dreaming). If I was going for a car over the Lade it would have to be the CTS-V. I don't know if I will ever drive anything but a caddy again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a 1989 Eldorado Biarittz (spelling) black with grey leather black vinyl top and who knows how many miles are on it.

i want in no particular order:

STS
ETC
SLS
ESC
Escalade
DHS
DTS

OK so really i woule like any of the cadillacs out there today. it doesn't have to be new or super old i would just like to own another caddy. cuz pretty much they r all the same just different body styles nad a 25 horsepower difference (except escalade). Just my thoughts though

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Kdirk said:
I had a 91 SDV, nice car (really liked that body style) but it was too badly neglected by the previous owner(s) and was eating through my wallet at an unacceptable rate after about 2 years of ownership. It killed me too, because I really wanted (and tried) to bring the car back to near perfect, just couldn't be done - it was a losing battle. KDirk
What happened with it?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts