Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what bulbs ours Vs use for the foglights. Im going to get an HID kit for them.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
....Ones that glow.

Heh, sorry.. I had to! Any pics of the kit? How much it cost? Post up your finds because I'm too lazy to look for myself :D

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Since you wont find an HID kit in 9145,
9005 high beam bulbs fit as well with a little 'persuading' ;)

I just have halogen 9005's in mine but they are much brighter....will be looking into an HID kit as soon as I can afford it...maybe 10 years from now :p

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
I just have halogen 9005's in mine but they are much brighter....will be looking into an HID kit as soon as I can afford it...maybe 10 years from now :p
:histeric: Sure about that bro because the min i tell u that i am getting a pair i know you will have yours bought & installed the next day...:)

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
So H10 & 9145 are same right? I am also looking for HID fogs what color temp is our OEM bulbs? I want them to match. FTW :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
307 Posts
As far as I can tell H10 are the same as 9145. I just ordered a set of HID H10 conversion for my fogs. I should have them Tuesday and will be installing them next weekend. Normally OEM HID bulbs are about 4300K. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
As far as I can tell H10 are the same as 9145. I just ordered a set of HID H10 conversion for my fogs. I should have them Tuesday and will be installing them next weekend. Normally OEM HID bulbs are about 4300K. Hope that helps.
Let us know how the install goes and where you ordered from if everything works.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
Yeah, H10 is what works - I have it in mine. I wrote a thread about it with pics if you want to see what it looks like versus stock too.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes i now see. thank you anyways.
Did you find a place to buy this kit??
Top PSI, I guess is closed. I wonder how will the forum members cash in on their extended warranty:banghead:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
I'm actually going through the extended warranty thing right now since one of my ballasts died. Mark at TopPSI got them through ApexCone (it's actually on the box the HIDs come in) so I called them directly. They got my returned package April 5th. I talked to them a couple of times, including talking to the owner Leif (pronounced "Layf" I think). I basically told him that I couldn't go through Mark since he's out of business, and unfortunately I couldn't find my original invoice, but they said it shouldn't be a problem since they drop shipped it anyway. I'll let you guys know how it works out - they *sounded* like good guys, and if it works out well, I'm sure they could get some good business through our forum...

-B

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Did you get these installed? Pic?
Where did you find them at?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm actually going through the extended warranty thing right now since one of my ballasts died. Mark at TopPSI got them through ApexCone (it's actually on the box the HIDs come in) so I called them directly. They got my returned package April 5th. I talked to them a couple of times, including talking to the owner Leif (pronounced "Layf" I think). I basically told him that I couldn't go through Mark since he's out of business, and unfortunately I couldn't find my original invoice, but they said it shouldn't be a problem since they drop shipped it anyway. I'll let you guys know how it works out - they *sounded* like good guys, and if it works out well, I'm sure they could get some good business through our forum...

-B
Thanks, I'll do a search for them
Found them...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts