Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, im i want to know whats a good brand fuel pump to get? im going to be replacing mine in the next week or so and wanted you guys opinions and real good dependable fuel pumps,something that a could go to 0reilys,advanve or auto zone to pick up that local to me,thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,468 Posts
No AC Delco?!?!?!?!?!?? How many miles has your car driven on the stock pump??

I've never heard of spectre, but I am intrigued.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has 180 thousand,never drove it yet,i think it has low fuel pressure so just getting a whole new unit

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
be sure to replace the in tank f/p harness and clean any black deposits off the spades connectors on the inside top of sender if you can do it solder the harness as this is a weak point on our models
quite often a month or two after replacing your fuel pump it may start to act up
due to resistance in the wiring due to that black stuff that grows on the connectors
id be surprised if the wires are not already melted to some degree the harness is easy to find its made by carter just my opinion
I would use the a/c delco pump, carter,first choices good luck

make sure you have the fuel line removal tool with the two sides in metal the plastic tools are not very good

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,468 Posts
That many miles on possibly a factory pump, why change brands?? JMHO.

---Some parts I would rather use factory, a fuel pump being one of those parts when being used on a factory configured car.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL I ALREADY BOUGHT THE WHOLE SENDING UNIT BY SPECTRA AND GOT THE PLASTIC CIRCLE FUEL LINE REMOVER:suspense: HOPE ALL GOES WELL BUT RAN INTO A PROBLEM,GOING TO START A SEPERATE TOPIC

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If you can get Delco for a good price that's what I'd get. Spectra is hit and miss.

·
Registered
94' Fleetwood Brougham
131 Posts
back in July of 2012 i was replaced with new fuel pump with new fuel sender, new strainer, new ring etc.
All is AC Delco, according to correct parts number for 94'Fleetwood.
About 7 K miles until today.
All working is good, very correct fuel level indicator in all range of tank' fuel emptiness.
(pump "made in brazil", sender "made in china"

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
ive been using the spectra unit with no issues for about 1 1/2 yrs on my 95, the spectra does feel cheap next to the ac delco unit but i cant really complain about it

hey alex how the heck did you find a genuine ac delco fuel sender??? lol
stay warm over there bro!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts