Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake pads leave large amounts of dust on the wheels. What brake pads can I use that wont leave any?
Thanks!!
Scott

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
My brake pads leave large amounts of dust on the wheels. What brake pads can I use that wont leave any?
Thanks!!
Scott
I still have the stock pads on my 2005 V, but a popular replacement set is the Hawk HPS pad. These pads reportedly have peformance equal to the stock pads but with substantially less dust. I do not think anyone has reported results for a replacement pad with zero dust however. The Hawk Pads can be purchased from Lindsay Cadillac. There is currrently Lindsay thread that gives prices.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I bought my Hawk HPS pads from Lindsay. They make very little dust and the performance is as good as the stockers for normal driving. Put on the Hawks and the days of black brake dust on your wheels are over.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,992 Posts
... Put on the Hawks and the days of black brake dust on your wheels are over.
:yeah:

(Actually, I've heard they put out about the same amount of dust, but it's hardly visible ... so, I guess it doesn't really matter whether it does or doesn't, does it? :shhh:)

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
I installed the HPS (bought them from lindsay)... The PROBLEM is that they produce so little dust that I am not inspired/ bother enough to clean the car once a week... I am on to every two weeks now... its a shame!

But seriously, they put out so little dust and work great!

Reed

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
:yeah:

(Actually, I've heard they put out about the same amount of dust, but it's hardly visible ... so, I guess it doesn't really matter whether it does or doesn't, does it? :shhh:)
I can tell you they put out very little dust. With the stock pads I had to wipe them off every morning. The brake dust is harder to spot. But yeah it hardly matters with the HPS.

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Check out the Carbotech Bobcats if you want options. Comparable low-dust and performance, though some people have complained of squeaking with the HPS. No one has complained of squeaking with the Bobcats. The only downside, $. Bobcats are more expensive....but you get what you pay for. They are supposed to be really good. With that said, I chose the less expensive route. I have Hawk HP+ on front and HPS on back....and no squeaking from the HPS and really only heard squeaking from the HP+s twice in 1000 miles (close to 200 of those on the track, VIR). I get good amounts of dust from the HP+, but barely any from the HPS's. Hawk makes great brakes for the $, good value.... and that wins in my book.

T

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
In my opinion the stock pads having better stoping power than the Hawk HPS's. Obviously the biggest difference is in the ammount of dust they produce.

I went to HP+'s in the front, after having HPS's up front for about 10k miles (Still have HPS still in the rear). HP+'s dust a lot, but not as bad as the stockers. Performance is definately better than stock, and WAY better than HPS.

Put's a smile on my face everytime I stomp the brakes. awesome stopping power.

My $0.02

-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts