Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville, 1990 Deville
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 Deville is going to need back brakes soon. Never did brakes on this car. Any opinions on a specific brand or type? Same question on rotors.
When I put brakes on my truck I used Raybestos Pro and they have been great. No noise, and good stopping. I usually get Bendix rotors.
Does 02 Deville's come with ceramic? Any thoughts on ceramic?

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Personally I would stay with ceramic because of the low dust.

Now while we're on this topic again I still want to know what rotors we can get that are zinc plated. I'm not interested any more in slotted or drilled but I want something that won't get rust on them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is ceramic what comes stock? I know I get black dust on my front chrome wheeles. I think the dealership I got the car from (used) changed the front brakes. Possibly went for cheap.
Also, didn't know about zinc coated rotors. I'll have to check this out. I was just thinking about this. I would hate to see rust through my wheeles.
Any thoughts ???

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Ceramic does come stock. I think they did the same thing to mine too.

From what I understand they coat certain rotors with zinc and then they don't rust at all for showing purposes.

Maybe someone will help us figure it out.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
I would recommend Akebono, Raybestos, Bendix ceramic brake pads.

I would also recommend Raybestos or Bendix brake rotors.

All I'd consider premium brands that offer superior performance to anything else on the market.

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6L AWD Premium Luxury, Previous: 2009 STS 3.6L AWD, 2003 DTS 4.6L
379 Posts
I would recommend Akebono, Raybestos, Bendix ceramic brake pads.

I would also recommend Raybestos or Bendix brake rotors.

All I'd consider premium brands that offer superior performance to anything else on the market.
I'll second Akebono

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
EBC manufactures several zinc coated rotors in both slotted and plain and several grades of pads for Cadillacs. The Greenstuff pads come with break-in coating and wear sensor holes. www.ebcbrakes.com All made in England from new, not recycled metals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. It looks like I'll go with ceramic. Most likely Raybestos or Bendix. Never heard of Akebono. I'll take a look on line. I have to check to see if I have regular of heavy duty. Most likely regular. When I looked at brakes on line it had both regular and heavy duty. I'll be surprised if it's HD.:)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I like the EBC stuff from what I've read. They seem like they produce some high quality stuff.

I think for me it's the standard replacement rotors and the red pads.

Now. here's a good one. Does anyone make a decent performance caliper that we can afford to buy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts