Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just test drove a new V, from the look of the stock boost gauge the car was peeking just a hair below 7psi. Is the Altitude here killing the boost? (~5000ft)

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
I'm at sea level and I see about 9psi.

Mark
I'm about at sea-level as well, but I'm not seeing that much...I'd say, 7-8 psi or so. Then again, I'm not 100% that's accurate, as the crummy gauge reads in increments of 3... :bigroll:

I'm pretty confident, however, that I'm not getting to the 3rd "bar" (9 psi).

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,718 Posts
Does octane have any say in boost pressure? Say in Luna's case 91 octane is pulling somke timing compared to 93/94 octane will boost valve start to close too?

Norm

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
I saw around 7-8 stock as well. With 8.5" crank mod I am seeing like 10. I don't think the gauge is accurate to be honest.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Looks like the gauge is all over the place which means it is not accurate. I remember Jesse saying he was at 15-16 with the 8.5" crank and 2.55 blower.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Yeah im at 15-16.. Same with OKC. Our cars must be broken. :O They are factory freeks....

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Yeah im at 15-16.. Same with OKC. Our cars must be broken. :O They are factory freeks....
Is that just with the 2.55? I thought you were running the 8.5" inch crank as well. Reason I said 15-16 was off if he was just running the 2.55.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
YES im running a 2.55 upper and a 10% lower. A little more boost than what okc is seeing.. OKC is seeing around 14 here at our altitude. It may be different where he lives. :)

Im running more boost than everyone so far... But i have fixed my fuel issues.. Not an easy thing to do.. I will post info about that later when i get alot of free time. It requires pulling out the fuel tank assembly....

To

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
YES im running a 2.55 upper and a 10% lower. A little more boost than what okc is seeing.. OKC is seeing around 14 here at our altitude. It may be different where he lives. :)

Im running more boost than everyone so far... But i have fixed my fuel issues.. Not an easy thing to do.. I will post info about that later when i get alot of free time. It requires pulling out the fuel tank assembly....

To
I remember a similar mod on FBodies and GTO's where you had to pull something in the fuel tank. Some kind of pump I thought. The stock one was the size of a pen and the new one was a size of a quarter. Is that what you found to be the restriction? The owner of the shop I went to bet me that was the cause of the fuel restriction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts