Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 white diamond escalade that needs to repair bad clear coat on rear drivers door,I took it to 2 body shops today and i am being told they have to paint the whole leftside of the truck including both bumpers to blend it in.one quoted me $2400 the other $2000 cash only is it worth it to fix it the rest of the paint is about 9 out of 10 with little chips here and there in the clear coat.:mad2:

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
The problem with matching light colored metallics/pearls is not so much the color but the metallic orientation. Normally, just the door and part of the panel ahead and behind (front door and quarter panel) would be painted to blend. My guess is that the shops are worried about the metallic orientation match (and color) and the only way the can assure the job is paint the whole side. Easier, safer and more profit for them.

·
Registered
03 Escalade ESV
4 Posts
That's incorrect. If they are any good, they should be able to blend to the front door, and then the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
I was told that also, I found a body shop that has color match computer. I went to carriage house in flushing queens New York. They did a excellent job, I was not about to paint the whole side of my truck. Look for color match technology. They told me they paint to blend.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
I've had entire cars painted for $2500 and done with quality work... that seems insane. I would get a quote from a dealer on a new door painted factory diamond white I'd almost be willing to bet it would be cheaper then you'd have a factory finish.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said if it's just the door they can blend into the front fender and into the rear door, I have seen it done, and while an older diamond white is hard to match, it can be done, look for high end paint shops that can make it happen

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV AWD
228 Posts
I've had entire cars painted for $2500 and done with quality work... that seems insane. I would get a quote from a dealer on a new door painted factory diamond white I'd almost be willing to bet it would be cheaper then you'd have a factory finish.
?? I don't believe this is an obtainable option.

-John

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
AZKlaus said:
The dealer or parts will only sell you a primered door. The body shop does the rest. That's the good thing about the escalade black raven color, you don't have to blend it. It matches perfectly.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS 383 LT1 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 DTS
197 Posts
Had a similar situation. I took my truck back to the selling dealer who had a rather large body shop. They had a lot of experience in diamond white and they were able to blend it and the job came out perfect. Be aware that there are several shades of diamond white. Your best bet may be to take it to a cady dealer who has a body shop and has the experience in painting diamond white.

383 LT1 SS

·
Registered
2011 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle 1967 GTO
76 Posts
Any reputable body shop with a painter that knows what he is doing can match diamond white,should cost no more than 1000

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
I had a crimson pearl sts way back and part of the quarter panel needed painted. They made it happen. Its the same triple coat as the diamond white. He said he used a rope or something around the area that lets the paint blend when shot on the car. Anyway i couldnt tell it was ever wrecked.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
I was out a client's house today that also happens to have a Escalade, but it's a platinum shorty. His wife was out somewhere that had a gate that opened TOWARDS her car on a exit gate (i've seen this personally in some people's homes, idiotic...) and it left a nice 8 inch gash in her front bumper. My client had some mobile body repair guys out there who said they were charging $450 for the entire repair including plastic welding, reshaping, and paint. I was asking him about some thing on my truck including what he would charge just to paint a platinum bumper black raven (he said it was $200!) and I then thought about this thread so brought up the diamond white.

He did immediately mention that diamond white is extremely difficult to match the flow of the pearl correctly but he's done it frequently and is family with the paint. He mentioned to that the materials cost on it has gone up significantly in the past years. However his estimate was between $600-$800 for a rear door paint and blend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts