Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sworn I made a thread just like this not too long ago, but I searched "your next car" in the lounge search box, and nothing came up, so here goes again....

Since I only own one car, I'm gonna be talking about what I replace it with.

I really like the supercharged 3800, and my Regal in general. It's powerful, fast, reliable, fun to drive, fairly luxurious and cheap to own...painlessly cheap to own. The Regal could definitely improve in interior space, interior design and a smooth ride. It's not rough by any means, but I like cars that are quiet and soft..

I'd like to own a Cadillac again, but as a daily driver, I want something newer so it's easy to find parts and service for it, but nothing too new, because I don't want a super high payment and the newer a car is, the more expensive it is to insure and license. Aside from the '08+ CTS, none of the 00+ Cadillacs really do anything for me, aside from the '99-00 Escalade and '00-02 Eldorado Touring Coupe, but those are getting so old now it would be hard to get a loan for them, and a warranty for the Eldorado..

All of the Cadillacs I really like are too big and too old to make good daily drivers.

So that makes my decision pretty simple..

1997-05 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.
-90% the space and luxury of the Deville, at 70% the cost, with a more reliable drivetrain, better fuel economy and aftermarket support/modifiability.
- It's got everything I like about the Regal, on a firmer chassis, with more space, more luxury items and a softer ride.

I almost bought a '99 Park Avenue Ultra instead of the '00 Regal GS, but at that time, I wanted the smaller, sportier car and I really wanted the floor shift and center console. Looking back on it now, I wish I would have gone with the Ultra, but I'm very satisfied with the GS.

No idea on timeline, not for a long time...a few years or so. Just something I like to think/talk about.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
I thinking it would be a STS that is certified used lower miles maybe 07-10 something that i could still extrend the warranty threw GM with
possibly looking for a Red Black or diamond white perhaps

for sure it will have GPS factory if not ill find a used one and put it in
thinking maybe a sts -4 because my driveway has been a pain to get up in the winter in lol

maybe a V but not if im going to be staying up in the snow

if its not a STS
then it will be a Lexus GS also Certified still under warranty maybe a 06-10 perhaps
fully loaded

Or if a 03 sts in mint condition pops out of the wood works at a low cheap price id grab that but that would be the exception to you get what you paid for

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Um...Saturday. (Barring some kind of problem or event...)

Um...Chicago...twice in a week...

Um...2008 DTS Performance Platinum, Black/Black, and probably every option.

AND....no more ETC. (I'll have to sell the Concours and white RMW on my own, later.)

(Same white RMW, which by the way, just lost all its brake fluid at the storage warehouse. I barely got it back outside, so it could be towed tomorrow.)

I'm looking forward to only having to deal w/one old car out of warranty. (Since I've already rebuilt half of it...) I don't count the '70 GP in that BTW, since it has to be restored...

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
After spending time with the Roadmaster, I really want a '94-'96 Fleetwood.

G

·
There definitely was another thread like this. My answer remains the same, an '85-'86 Porsche 928 but I'm open to all years. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,750 Posts
Me? An LT1 wood-delete Roadmaster wagon. Or a 94-96 FWB. I'd prefer the wagon though, in all honesty.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I don't know to be honest. If I could find a really clean, low mileage '03 STS I'd grab that in a heartbeat. But lately I've been liking the '04-'08 Acura TL's and the TSX's myself, and that would be a nice change from my Seville. Can't rule out a nice '08+ CTS or STS, though I'm not a huge fan of the latter. DTS is a consideration also.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
CTS-V wagon would be my frist choice. How cool would it be to be able to get all of your track gear and tires into the car and then have a little fun at the track?

Will probably not be my next car though, I am looking for a commuter and the Chevy Cruze ECO edition (with the manual gear box of course) looks slick and the price is right. an ECO in 2LT trim would list for just under 20K. Not bad for a brandy new car but I plan to test drive first to see if I can deal with going from 450 HP to around 160 HP (flywheel HP of course). Also, to see how "cheap" it feels.

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
I'm really thinking about a diesel VW still, but something tells me that when it actually comes time to buy, I'll be too cheap to fork over the money.

Therefore, I speculate that my next car will either be some family hand-me-down that would otherwise have gotten junked or a sub-$2k craigslist gem :) No idea on make or model; can't be picky when you don't have to shell out the green.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
A red 2002 collectors edition convertible sometime in the next 3 years.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
It would be nice if the Hyundai Genesis sedan was available for under 10 grand in 5 years. The 2006 DTS is within reach right now, and they have a strong reputation for reliability.

I'm also open to a Saab 9-5 wagon or Mazda 6 hatchback.

I'll let you know how it goes...if there's a way to buck the trend, I'm sure mine will...

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
A 2008 Jaguar XJ8 Vandenplas, preferably dark blue with a maganolia interior with blue piping!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
A 2008 Jaguar XJ8 Vandenplas, preferably dark blue with a maganolia interior with blue piping!
NICE!!!

Personally I'd do a last gen XK Coupe. You always see the convertibles, but I think the coupe has much sexier lines.

Realistically I think a Mazda Miata might be my next purchase.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts