Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd hate to jinx it but gas seems to be coming down some more at least around here, then again I'm lucky enough to have some local refineries in the area. Here's the lowest place within reasonable distance to me that I'll fill up at:

Regular (87) - $2.36
Midgrade (89) - $2.45
Premium (91) - $2.54
Super (93) - $2.63

So... for the first time in my life I filled her up with the fabled 93 octane, since that's what I was paying for regular like a month ago. My God! You left-coasters don't know what you're missing! This is some definite "go-juice." Once she gets close to 4000rpm there is a noticeable difference in the amount of acceleration, even compared to the 91. At any rate I think I'll stick to the 91 as it seems to provide the best balance of price and performance and leave the "go-juice" as a special treat every now and then.

Anyway... just wanted to see what prices were like in other areas these days.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Around here, "premium" is 93 octane... the other two are 89 and 87. Sunoco used to offer "Super 94," but it was discontinued and went down one point.

I filled up last week with 93 and it was $2.99/gal. I'm sure it'll come down as we move into fall.

I have to say, I've only ever put 93 octane in the Cadillacs, so I can't relate to your newfound acceleration. I'm not rich, just a sucker ;).

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
93 is standard premium here as well. All I've ever put in has been premium (my Aurora and STS have been my only cars), so I'm used to it. Got some Wal-Mart 93 for $2.78 w/ a 3¢ student discount.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I think 87 is still around $2.70 here.
It was when I filled up early this week anyway.
Haven't noticed since then, it will probably be two weeks before I need gas again anyway.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,107 Posts
Maryland upper Eastern Shore, 87 ranges from 2.55-2.58, 91/92 goes from 2.75-2.85. Prices hiccup each Friday in order to catch the city dwellers on the way to the beach, because gas in DC/Balto. is WAY overpriced. Gotta love the rich liberals......They come over here with a bumper sticker that says "Save The Bay", while driving a nice, economical Excursion, Tahoe, or Escalator, throwing McDonald's wrappers all over the roads.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta love the rich liberals......They come over here with a bumper sticker that says "Save The Bay", while driving a nice, economical Excursion, Tahoe, or Escalator, throwing McDonald's wrappers all over the roads.
Would that make you one of those rare and elusive "poor republicans?" I'm guiltier that all of them.. my Grand Wagoneer gets like 10mpg... on a good day... downhill... with a tailwind. Then again the old gal doesn't really make it out of the county that much anymore... and never to the beach, I hate the beach.. stupid sand.. thats why God invented chlorinated pools. Anyway.. always remember what the bumper sticker on the back of the woody says - "WWRD - What Would Reagan Do?"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Would that make you one of those rare and elusive "poor republicans?" I'm guiltier that all of them.. my Grand Wagoneer gets like 10mpg... on a good day... downhill... with a tailwind. Then again the old gal doesn't really make it out of the county that much anymore... and never to the beach, I hate the beach.. stupid sand.. thats why God invented chlorinated pools. Anyway.. always remember what the bumper sticker on the back of the woody says - "WWRD - What Would Reagan Do?"
Ahh, the next item on my "List of Cars to Buy" -- a Waggy!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,107 Posts
:thumbsup: Not (always) Republican, poor, or elusive. A Navy submarine career, 11 years associated with Johns Hopkins research programs, and running a small business have taught me to keep my eyes open, cover my ass, shoot first and ask questions later, and NEVER trust a politician above local school board level. Do the level best you can at any job you tackle. I have no opinions....

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
If you're under thirty and aren't a Liberal you have no heart; if you're over forty and aren't a conservative you have no brain.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're under thirty and aren't a Liberal you have no heart; if you're over forty and aren't a conservative you have no brain.
What if you're in between?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eek: You're part of the Lost Generation ! INCREDIBLE thunderstorm....outta here.....!!
We saw the same storm rolling through to the south of us... it looked like a doozie.

Well I guess I just don't know what I am then... my wife say's I'm a fifteen year old and my friends say I'm an old man! I guess I'll just go wander through the desert for a few years...

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
AM, where are you finding regular for $2.36? Cheapest I see around here anywhere is the Sunoco at the foot of Hook Road and 49 south of Pennsville, and he's stuck at $2.45/9 ?

(For those unaware, AM lives about half a dozen miles from me.)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AM, where are you finding regular for $2.36? Cheapest I see around here anywhere is the Sunoco at the foot of Hook Road and 49 south of Pennsville, and he's stuck at $2.45/9 ?

(For those unaware, AM lives about half a dozen miles from me.)
Jim,

Don't know how often you make it up to that part of Gloucester Co., the Wawa and the little independent one next to it on 45 in Mantua were at that when we went to the wife's folks earlier this week. Heading up there for dinner tonight so I'll check it out and see what it's at now. When I went to the Wawa in town this morning I think Regular was at 2.44 and premium was 2.70(?).

Haven't been by there in a while but I know the little Coastal on 130 there in Deepwater always had some of the cheapest around too.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Placebo effect. Gas here is free if you own a 6 foot long rubber hose and if you don't mind going to jail regularly for petty larceny.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Placebo effect. Gas here is free if you own a 6 foot long rubber hose and if you don't mind going to jail regularly for petty larceny.
ha! touché!

Jim,

Checked the ones in Mantua tonight, they've gone up a smidge - both are at $2.38 for regular.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts