Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
cts di
53 Posts
i am a new owner but without looking i'd bet they are covers for a tow hook attachment - u likely pop it off and screw in a tow hook....

woops! in the time i opened the page and till i responded jacko already did lol...there u have it from both of us then....

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
so wouldnt you think GM would provide that tow hook for a $40K plus car?...Heck if my 2011 Subaru Outback came with the tow hook!!!..WOnder how much that piece of metal is???

·
Registered
2008 cadillac CTS
63 Posts
i think they run about 60 bucks, there was a thread some were on here that provides all the part numbers and were to order it, just do a search and you should be abel to find something.

·
Registered
08' Escalade ESV AWD
166 Posts
so wouldnt you think GM would provide that tow hook for a $40K plus car?...Heck if my 2011 Subaru Outback came with the tow hook!!!..WOnder how much that piece of metal is???
Chances are if you need em' your probably not driving it home anyways (and having a really bad day!). Most wreckers/tow trucks keep a stock of them on hand. Your import probably came with them as this vehicle will likely see more offroad use.

·
Registered
CTS ´08 2.8 SPORT LUXURY FE2 (EURO SPECS)
41 Posts
mine ( euro spec) came with the hook under the trunk floor with the spare tire

·
Registered
2016 ELR, 2009 CTS Sedan, 2005 CTS-V
495 Posts
The hooks are only provided with the European cars. I learned the hard way that some (if not all) tow truck drivers DO NOT carry these tow hooks.

My 09's automatic transmission computer lost all communication with the car at almost exactly 10,000 miles and ate the transmission. I barely limped off the freeway to a gas station where I sat until almost 1 a.m. while the tow company Cadillac Roadside Service dispatched tried to figure out what to do. OnStar told me to drive home, but the transmission made horrible grinding noises and the car wouldn't even move. The flatbed tow truck driver wouldn't touch the car because of all the aluminum suspension pieces.

Moral of the story: if you think you'll ever need a hook, buy one! I got one and hope I'll never have to use it.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
yeah the two hook is mandated by law in europe...

also on cadillacs with electronic door latches (like the xlr, new cts coupes, some sts models)
there will be an access hole on the rear bumper w/ an emergency lockout cylinder behind it where you can use your emergency key to pop the trunk and pull the manual door release cord

1 - 10 of 10 Posts