Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Deville
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Bumper

I heard they could be used for diagnostics but I do not see the location to plug them in anywhere.

BTW the one closer to the cab is Red wire (in pic) and the one near the alternator is brown wire (came with an adapter on it that had no wires attached)

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
76,860 Posts
Probably the deleted windshield washer fluid heater (firewall) and maybe heated windshield optio (altrnator).

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, ','95 eldo,' ,'11CTS-V,'66 corvair.'03 deville,'00 deville
2,320 Posts
I THINK it's assembly line fuel pump primer.Can be used to energize the pump without using the key.
The reason I have some pause here, is because it's usually by the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Probably the deleted windshield washer fluid heater (firewall) and maybe heated windshield optio (altrnator).
This … if the vehicle is equipped with the button for heated washer tank and it doesn’t work. It was a recall thing as they kinda didn’t turn off like they were supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1992 Coupe de Ville 4.9L
26 Posts
The one near the firewall is the manual fuel pump prime connector. I have used this once or twice. It's designed so that you can plug one end of a fused jumper into the positive battery terminal. It's used in conjunction with the Fuel Pressure Leakdown Test on chart A-5 of PFI diagnostics in the FSM. It's extremely helpful in trying to further investigate a problem found in Chart A-4 (power balance test).

You use it to pressurize the fuel pump, record the resulting pressure shown on a fuel pressure gauge, and then note the final pressure after going into the diagnostic and manually opening an injector.

Basically, it's supposed to help you disambiguate a spark issue from a leaky fuel injector.

No clue what the one at the alternator is, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts