Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V, sold: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, 2004 CTS-V
159 Posts
Front fender vent changed in '11 - split in '09/'10 and open in '11. A slight change on the interior door material between the years as well (I think solid on '09 and peforated on '10/'11).

Options, like the Sapele wood interior trim becoming available in '10 and '11 (and late '09) and the graphite wheels/yellow calipers in '11. Also, the backup camera integrated into the Nav screen available as standard in '11. Free service/MX on '11's for warranty period as well.

I'm sure I've forgot a few -

PB

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,026 Posts
Loss of Rainsense wipers and footwell LED lighting after 2009. Also, loss of GM chiclet on front rocker panels and "CTS" and "V" reversed from '09 position.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Loss of Rainsense wipers and footwell LED lighting after 2009. Also, loss of GM chiclet on front rocker panels and "CTS" and "V" reversed from '09 position.
Does your car actually have Rainsense wipers? I saw in the GM ordering guide, it suggested the '09 car had them. But since the new V's don't, I thought perhaps it was a mistake in the guide.

It seems poor that the car doesn't include that. It's a nice feature, and is available on many "lesser" GM cars.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
534 Posts
could be wrong but I remember reading something about GM losing contract with company the makes "rainsense" electronics?
Ross

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
Does your car actually have Rainsense wipers? I saw in the GM ordering guide, it suggested the '09 car had them. But since the new V's don't, I thought perhaps it was a mistake in the guide.

It seems poor that the car doesn't include that. It's a nice feature, and is available on many "lesser" GM cars.
I believe it was a supplier issue that eliminated the feature after the 2009 model year. Too bad, I really like it and use it all the time.

Jud

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
My 2009 came with Rainsense wipers (no option, no extra charge). I, like JFJr, use them all of the time. Lack of them on the new versions could be a "no buy" factor.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes, my car has rainsense. Lost the rear LED footwell lighting and the heated washer fluid from my '08; really no big deal on those. I would miss the rainsense, though. The current SRX has rainsense, so I'm not sure why the CTS line does not have it.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
2010's and current have changes in the supercharger plasma discharge since the deposits were clogging up the stratoshere when the warp drive was engaged. It was also causing pregnant M5 owners to have angry little midgets throughout 2009. Lucky for me I got an 09 before the changes.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V Crystal White, CF,AM Wheels
186 Posts
Can someone explain the footwell lighting. I have a 09 V. Is it lit all the time when dark out. Maybe dim-ly lit when dark out???

I have a 09 and dont see any foot lighting at night.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
In '08, ambient lighting included subtle LED lights in the front footwells, and under the front seats. If present, you will see your feet faintly illuminated, but it is hard to see on the ebony carpet if nothing else is there. For '09, they deleted the rear foot lighting, then toward the end of the '09 model run, they deleted the front lighting as well, at about the same time that they changed the cloth on the doors and made the Sapele wood avaiable (basically, '10 spec). It's loss is subtle, not nearly in the same league as the loss of Rainsense as a feature.

For '10, they did add a flash to pass feature to the lights that works while the HID lights are off, although it's just a single flash at a time.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
My 2009 has front foot well lighting (not an option). As marktanner says it is difficult to see on a black carpet unless your feet are actually in the foot well. As far as I know, the rear foot well lighting was always an option on the CTS-V. In the case of the rear foot well lighting, the LED was mounted under the front seat and shown back toward the rear foot well. Some people added it, and some didn't. It was not an easy thing to add.

The "Flash to pass when the headlights are not already on" was not a feature on the 2009, ostensibly because of wear and tear on the HID units that this would represent. I really don't know what marktanner meant by "single flash at a time" on the 2010.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
I really don't know what marktanner meant by "single flash at a time" on the 2010.
When you have the headlights on (brights off) and pull the lever toward you, it will turn the brights on for a second and then turns them off even if you hold it down. I think they call it the "flash to pass" feature. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
CTS-V
213 Posts
Took the car out this weekend and I really miss the rainsesense that was on my '08 CTS. That is only major disappointment up to this point.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
JOEYCTS-V, Not really. marktanner was talking about a feature that does not require that the headlights already be on. You are explaining a feature that requires the headlights already be on - completely different from what marktanner was talking about. In the case of my 2004 and 2005, which did not use the same HID light for both bright and normal headlights, the "flash to pass" feature turned on the high beams (not HID) as long as the headlight stalk was pulled toward the driver, whether or not the headlights were on. Again, this is not the same as what you explained.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
JOEYCTS-V, Not really. marktanner was talking about a feature that does not require that the headlights already be on. You are explaining a feature that requires the headlights already be on - completely different from what marktanner was talking about. In the case of my 2004 and 2005, which did not use the same HID light for both bright and normal headlights, the "flash to pass" feature turned on the high beams (not HID) as long as the headlight stalk was pulled toward the driver, whether or not the headlights were on. Again, this is not the same as what you explained.
Sorry ted. I just realized the headlights don't have to be on. That would defeat the purpose of flash to pass.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts