Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of Purchasing a STS
with the help of someone who is going to help me out with getting me a newer vehicle still under warranty in there company name
if things go well for them over the next month business wise this person is waiting ot see if a merger goes well for them before they decide

but she is tired of seeing me dump thousands of dollars into the caddy and
she knows how much the seville means to me ill be keeping it if i do get a new caddy im still keeping the seville but im going to turn it into a supurbe condition vehicle and just use it maybe to be proud of
but if i get this new vehicle if things go well it will go in my friends company's name
and im just wondering after the warranty is up witch probably won't be long the way i drive
what are some of the down points to the STS-4
what are the most common seen issues that im going to have to worry about

im thinking what i do get wont have more then 30k on it at the most ill probably get an extended certified warranty up to 100k or what ever GM would offer but for me that 100k would be up in 2 maybe 2 and half years tops
cause ill probably be in the car for a good 5 years of payments

also did any of the STS's come with the adaptive auto cruise control ?
or was that only in the DTS ?

·
Registered
2005 STS
284 Posts
You are going to take on 5 years of payments on a car in someone else's name? And yes, some have the adaptive cruise control.

Doug

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are going to take on 5 years of payments on a car in someone else's name? And yes, some have the adaptive cruise control.

Doug

I will be on the title also but the loan will be in the Company's Name
My friend who i trust more than anyone she is not going to screw me title will be in both our names

she even said she would have just given me the money for the down payment

my credit is really good good enough to apply and get a Amex card if i wanted another one
but i have no employment at this time i do receive money from another source i get 1200 a month from another source and i don't have any bills other then extra things i want and food
everything els right now until i get another job is on my dad stuff and hes ok with helping me like that
but i also won't ever have to worry about not being able to make a car payment because i get that 1200 a month for life and each year it goes up an addition 100 dollars a month for special reasons

i just since i lost my job last year and don;t have steady employment no one will give me a loan

dad won't own a car that i drive full time or go on title because brother had accident why-ll back and dad was sewed since he had more to gain by the other person my brother hit

ok thats cool
cause i know the dealer said that the sts right now you cant get with the adaptive cruise control

are there any comon issues anything that i need to look out for that has come to light since the sts came out that have not been corrected yet ?

·
Registered
05 STS
512 Posts
I had an 00 STS and now a 05. I don't believe in extended warranties and have had no problems with either car. Sometimes I think if you expect problems you get them. AND biggest suggestion is do not go to a Cadillac dealer for service. Any problems I had was after going there under warranty.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
14 Posts
Personally, I'd rather drive a junker that I bought with money I earned myself than accept a dream-ride pity gift. Grow a pair; have you no pride?

Pup - If you don't understand, you never will.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pup...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts