Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 cadillac ats 2.0t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade the performance part of my car now that all the cosmetics are done whats do you guys suggest for best bang for the buck it is completely stock right now and want to make it more powerful.
all help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
fake hood scoop and fender vents best HP to money ratio

but in all seriousness, tune is probably the highest HP for the money

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Tune and DP. I'd add a catch can too, even though it will not add power.
After that, Meth injection would be biggest bang for the buck, although there is a recurring cost to using it.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
If its locally available, I'd run E85 over meth :)
Could run both. ;)

I agree if E85 is available, adding the sensor and running an E85 tune is a solid improvement over a normal tune. I'd run it if E85 were more widely available around here.

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
I'm strongly considering switching mine to E85 full time...no sensor :)
I have stations within 2-3 minutes of my house and one about 2 miles from the office here, and plenty in between.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 1991 MR2 Turbo
57 Posts
I'm strongly considering switching mine to E85 full time...no sensor :)
I have stations within 2-3 minutes of my house and one about 2 miles from the office here, and plenty in between.
Are you able to write a tune to enable E85 without a sensor? I know of one tuner as of now who can do it.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Are you able to write a tune to enable E85 without a sensor? I know of one tuner as of now who can do it.
I'd rather do the sensor and have better interpolation for times when the tank is mixed. It's a GM part so its warranty safe.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
I have done some testing with E85 and a sensor and was pleased. I will be going back to E85 once i do some more tuning on gas.

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
I have been running E85 exclusively since July, '13. Use GM sensor for flexibility of 93/E85 mix if needed. Tuned by Vtuner and am very happy with the performance. Will visit Vtuners shop the first week in June for a car
specific tune. Should be a nice trip, but most likely will have to use 93 somewhere along the way when I can't get E85. This is why GM used a sensor in their flex-f vehicles, the secrets in the way the mix is handled by the ECU.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
looking to upgrade the performance part of my car now that all the cosmetics are done whats do you guys suggest for best bang for the buck it is completely stock right now and want to make it more powerful.
all help is appreciated
I would get a KPE tune. Great tune, great service, 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it. No reported issues as with some other popular tunes. Plus you can run E85 without any hardware changes for even more power.

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
I would get a KPE tune. Great tune, great service, 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it. No reported issues as with some other popular tunes. Plus you can run E85 without any hardware changes for even more power.
Can dealers "detect" the KPE tune or can you invisibly go back to stock like the Diablo tune?

·
Registered
490 Posts
They also have $100 off using 100offtuning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts