Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 ALLANTE,2-72 CPE,71 SEDAN,69 SEDAN,2-69 ELDO,68 ELDO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go Ahead - Just Tell Me What You Think,,this Could Be Interesting. I Don't See Many Allante's Around With Deck Lid Spoilers (pictures,for Sale,wherever). I Mean We're Not Talking Mud Flaps Here ! Why Not ? Are They Bad Luck ? Voo Doo ? What's The Real Deal ??

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BOODER said:
Go Ahead - Just Tell Me What You Think,,this Could Be Interesting. I Don't See Many Allante's Around With Deck Lid Spoilers (pictures,for Sale,wherever). I Mean We're Not Talking Mud Flaps Here ! Why Not ? Are They Bad Luck ? Voo Doo ? What's The Real Deal ??
Allante + Spoiler = FUGLY IMO
that's all

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
I've seen some pictures of Allantes with the spoiler, but I wouldn't do it to mine. It looks OK, but I prefer them without the spoiler.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Allante North * said:
I've seen some pictures of Allantes with the spoiler, but I wouldn't do it to mine. It looks OK, but I prefer them without the spoiler.
Also, since decklids for Allantes aren't exactly plentiful, drilling holes in them for spoilers turns some people off.

What might be interesting would be if someone were to make a fiberglass reproduction decklid, then the holes would be less of an issue.

OK, I'm dreaming. While they're add it, a fiberglass hood would be nice too.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
My spoiler was supposed to require drilling, but i wasnt up for that so i used a bunch of that 3m stuff, it wont fall off regardless of the pressure.
If you really are serious about the spoiler i can set someone up to make one, needs about 10 orders usually, click on my link to see a flush spoiler, which i believe looks nicer then a big hoop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEAH, DRILLING 4 IN THE DECK LID KINDA GIVES ME THE CREEPS......WHAT IS YOUR 3M STUFF ? HOW EASY DOES IT REMOVE WHEN THE MIND CHANGES ? I WAS THINKING IT WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH,,,,, LIKE PUTTY THAT WON'T EAT THE PAINT . I HAVE THE SPOILER - THANKS, BOODER (CHECKING LINK) QUOTE=BUILDINGCTSAMG]My spoiler was supposed to require drilling, but i wasnt up for that so i used a bunch of that 3m stuff, it wont fall off regardless of the pressure.
If you really are serious about the spoiler i can set someone up to make one, needs about 10 orders usually, click on my link to see a flush spoiler, which i believe looks nicer then a big hoop[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJhomer83 said:
Allante + Spoiler = FUGLY IMO
that's all
OK, JR. MEMBER HERE--HOW ABOUT SOME DEFINITION ON FUGLY IMO ? SOUNDS GOOD ! NEED MORE CLUES---------

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think it's be hard to put on a spoiler without getting that "1985 Honda" with that squarey spoiler look.

·
Registered
(2) 1993 Cadilac Allante's
3 Posts
The Allante is a classy classic car. Why would anyone in thier right mind make it look like every other "ricer" car out there??? While you are at it, how about ricing it up more with the fart can mufflers and wheel well metal trim and crap hanging from the rear view mirror.

Leave the car as is. The Allante should be appreciated for the innovative design and sportiness that it has without all the other cheap add ons. Just my .02 :want:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts