Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past few days , ive really been in a fowl mood. Between getting calls and emails from old freinds all the sudden telling me there married,got kids , new cars there whole lives changed. For 3 years aint much changed with me , hell i hadnt even dated in what 4 years now ...hell if i can remeber ....

Works been sucking ass too , I got one service writer that spends the day trying to screw with me. Dealing with that shit and getting revenge on it every day takes alot of energy out of me....I bust my ass , 6 days a week outside in the summer heat for up to 10 hours a day. I can deal with that , im looseing weight and getting a tan so im cool with it. But damn i get tired.

So , another saturday rolls around , get up at 7 to head off to work. I stop off at walgreens to get something to drink. Park Gladys in a good spot , go in and get my drink and some rolaids. I walk out to the car , theres coolant everywhere , and shes still spraying coolant right out the front headlight. At this point i remeberd i had all that radiator work done , everything in the cooling system was replaced . It was a chunk of change but it needed done. I burned the piss out of my hands opening the hood to see if its something i can patch quickly. Theres so much coolant everywhere i cant find the leak. A quick call to work and a tow truck was on the way to me.

I get to work , in a tow truck , with my car on the back. The guy that runs the show walks up and says "your late , you beatter have a good reason". I looked up said , "ive never been late , but my excuse is on that roll back". He left me alone after that , one of the mechanics walks out , asks what happend , i tell him. He says , "yup , you lost the headgasket". Explains the odd sounds coming from the engine over the past week. There i thought it was the rocker pivots.

So there i am , damn near in tears looking at my baby , with a blown headgasket. Trying to think of how im gonna get myself out of this. How am i gonna afford this , and coming up with a plan to get it done at dads house in that crowded garage of his. Start thinking of what i want to do.....At one point im all "screw it , time for a ASG 5.0 ". Then i thought about cost ...."**** it , use that damn thing as a trade in and get a CTS"...I put a call out to my salesmen freind , told him about this. He says "well talk monday".....

Then , they come out and take Gladys into the shop to get a autopsie. I walked over and asked "explain this nipple to me , stock radiators dont have it whats it for?" At this point , every mechanic in the shop walks over to the car , there is a crowd forming around Gladys , everyones coming up with a plan to save her . The mechaic i asked about the nipple says "thats supposed to be plugged". Another one , said "no way it can be a headgasket , just no way".

We plugged the nipple , filled it with coolant and fired it up , burped it ....and let it idle ....Coolant temp soars to 245 before i shut it down....The crowd forms again , more ideas , shop foreman burps it again.....Start it , idle it for 2 hours , she held 201 degrees rock solid.

Turns out the gaskets were fine , the mechanic that installed the raditor forgot to clamp the nipple plug .... shes back home , and were resting .....

what a day .....i need a vacation ....

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Man, you're lucky. I'm glad Gladys is okay. Too bad you can't bitch anybody out for that. You need those guys on your side. Sounds like they were all really trying to help. That's something.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Glad your lady is doin' allright now!!! Nothing major to boot......I'm just wondering where this "nipple plug" is exactly because I just had my coolant flushed and was curious.

p.s. I took your advice and bought "Office Space" DVD and will watch it tonite. I figured since you didn't steer me wrong with "Canadian Bacon," I'm sure this one will be a riot as well. :thumbsup: :highfive:

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you wont regret it .....its good stuff ....

you still have your stock radiator , no need to worry , but if you repleace it and go with anything other than factory you will end up with that nipple

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I would just dismiss it and have a drink. So you encountered a few *******s and had your problem solved but in the end everything turned out fine. Tomorrow's another day dude.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DopeStar 156 said:
I would just dismiss it and have a drink. So you encountered a few *******s and had your problem solved but in the end everything turned out fine. Tomorrow's another day dude.
yup , i went to the hockey game last night .....i think everything is back in order now

damn the lighting girls are fine .....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
yup , i went to the hockey game last night .....i think everything is back in order now

damn the lighting girls are fine .....
hey, I had a good day up until leaving the hockey game...I am next to the projects near the bowl where people skate board about 10:15pm sitting at the light waiting to get on 275 when somthing looks like it falls out of the car in front of me and then 1 second later this loud ass ****in boom sounds like its right next to me...I almost thought it may be a gun shot...I look around and these people to the left of me are yelling about somone throwing rocks...I look over and dont see shit but everyone starts honking...I move up and was like **** it, I am not gonna go to jail over this shit ( I have a glock as my concealed carry gun in my truck at all times) so I get on the interstate...low and behold I see a TPD next to me about 275 and hillsborough...I flag him down while driving and he just says I didnt see anything and speeds off...what a ****in dick...so furthur up another TPD has somone pulled over and I stop and tell him what happend and he says he will go back...so I am furious, and now have a dent on the rear panel of my truck above my wheel...I hate god damn ghetto ass kids...I wanted to kill them ....:banghead: So I called my insurance company and made a claim...I only have 100.00 deductiable lucklily so I am going to bring my truck in monday to ed morse body shop and maybe to gene perez to get an estimate also...

so hopfully after tonight game, if those little ****s are out there again, when I drive by, I am gonna run after the ****ers tonight...

stoney, u recomend ed morse body shop at all? U goin to the game tonight ?

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
04SilverEXT said:
hey, I had a good day up until leaving the hockey game...I am next to the projects near the bowl where people skate board about 10:15pm sitting at the light waiting to get on 275 when somthing looks like it falls out of the car in front of me and then 1 second later this loud ass ****in boom sounds like its right next to me...I almost thought it may be a gun shot...I look around and these people to the left of me are yelling about somone throwing rocks...I look over and dont see shit but everyone starts honking...I move up and was like **** it, I am not gonna go to jail over this shit ( I have a glock as my concealed carry gun in my truck at all times) so I get on the interstate...low and behold I see a TPD next to me about 275 and hillsborough...I flag him down while driving and he just says I didnt see anything and speeds off...what a ****in dick...so furthur up another TPD has somone pulled over and I stop and tell him what happend and he says he will go back...so I am furious, and now have a dent on the rear panel of my truck above my wheel...I hate god damn ghetto ass kids...I wanted to kill them ....:banghead: So I called my insurance company and made a claim...I only have 100.00 deductiable lucklily so I am going to bring my truck in monday to ed morse body shop and maybe to gene perez to get an estimate also...

so hopfully after tonight game, if those little ****s are out there again, when I drive by, I am gonna run after the ****ers tonight...

thats pretty ****ed up right there ....

nope no game for me tonight ....

if the Secret Service Uses ED Morse for the presidential limo, its a pretty safe bet theyll do a good job ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
thats pretty ****ed up right there ....

nope no game for me tonight ....

if the Secret Service Uses ED Morse for the presidential limo, its a pretty safe bet theyll do a good job ...
cool, I will prolly be up there monday...hey, since lisa left who do u recomend for service writer now cause I am due for some shit here soon...the other lady there, is she alright?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
shes ok ...there all decent , just avoid the blonde ....waiting times with her are out of controll ....
cool thanks for the heads up...whats the name of the girl to avoid so I dont make the mistake if your not there...

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hahahaha, good story as usual, Stoney... I'm glad it was something minor.
Don't pay attention to that loser and focus on doing a good job, man.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Glad to hear Gladys is alright. Sorry about the bad day pal.I've had a few lately myself.
Well sit back, relax, and be glad that she is a-ok. Have some Jose' Cuervo 1800 Especial and forget. :D

p.s. don't throw anything into the ceiling fan, or toos items off the balcony :D

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
addison_ii said:
Glad to hear Gladys is alright. Sorry about the bad day pal.I've had a few lately myself.
Well sit back, relax, and be glad that she is a-ok. Have some Jose' Cuervo 1800 Especial and forget. :D

p.s. don't throw anything into the ceiling fan, or toos items off the balcony :D
how do you know about my balcony antics ? do i know you ?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
04SilverEXT said:
deductiable lucklily so I am going to bring my truck in monday to ed morse body shop and maybe to gene perez to get an estimate also...

heh... Look at the orange peel paint job Ed Morse did to my trunk lid and rear bumper cover.

I have seen better paint jobs coming out of second grade finger painting class.

I have shown it to some other shops and they say "A dealer painted this?" and shake their head.

Gonna cost me between 500 and 750 to have it done right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
04SilverEXT