Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 V sdn. 02 Jeep
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using only my cruise control (no pedal whatsoever) I was completely amazed to track my V sdn. in mixed speed limits, 45-60 mph, on a secondary road. Round trip was approx. 160 miles and when all was said and done- EUREKA 23.1 mpg!

Granted, road was essentially flat near hwy 95 in SC. I mentioned I used CC and modulated speed by bumping up/down 1-2 mph at a time. I guess you can hypermile in a 556hp two+ton LuxoBeast!

Wondering what others have achieved?

Lovin it,

Southern Buckeye

·
Registered
2003 CTS(Sold) Black 09 V
457 Posts
I got 21 MPG average on a trip from Boise to Seattle. (500 miles) One thing I really noticed was that I got way better MPG and range with 91 octane fuel that contained no Ethanol. Otherwise, I averaged 18-19 mpg.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
I got 21 MPG average on a trip from Boise to Seattle. (500 miles) One thing I really noticed was that I got way better MPG and range with 91 octane fuel that contained no Ethanol. Otherwise, I averaged 18-19 mpg.
I believe ethanol does not have as much energy per unit of volume as gasoline, which explains the disparity in fuel mileage.
The 93 octane we have here has 10% ethanol and it's a given that you will achieve a higher MPG number if you run 91 octane without the ethanol.
On a road trip trip to New England last spring, I was getting +- 22mpg on an engine with less than 5000 km. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's improved since then with 12,000+ km on it now.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
I believe ethanol does not have as much energy per unit of volume as gasoline, which explains the disparity in fuel mileage.
The 93 octane we have here has 10% ethanol and it's a given that you will achieve a higher MPG number if you run 91 octane without the ethanol.
On a road trip trip to New England last spring, I was getting +- 22mpg on an engine with less than 5000 km. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's improved since then with 12,000+ km on it now.

Best regards,

Elie
You are correct about ethanol not having as much energy.

If I drive as slow as you guys I can get that kind of MPG too :devil:

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts

Best regards,

Elie

Don't you mean 94 octane?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe,Thunder Gray, Ebony Recaro, 6M, Corsa Sport
115 Posts
Best 20.8 mpg on freeway for 120 mile trip. My average has been 16.5 daily combo freeway and surface streets.
On the weekend it is normally 12 or below...zoom zoom.

Gary

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Bless the Chevy Volt. Under CAFE regulations it's cars like the Volt that allow GM to continue to build gas hogs that we love so much here. I hope they sell a ton of Volts.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Bless the Chevy Volt. Under CAFE regulations it's cars like the Volt that allow GM to continue to build gas hogs that we love so much here. I hope they sell a ton of Volts.
I just saw one yesterday when I was in the V. It looks MUCH better in person than in the photos. It's a looker! I gave the guy a thumbs up. Coming from the owner of one of the "dirtiest" cars on the planet to one of the "cleanest". :thumbsup:

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts