Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,065 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
569 Posts
Shoulda bought a V. You'd be most of the way there.

If you didn't because of the budget, I have baaaaad news for you....

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,648 Posts
Just bought the car last week and I plan on putting twin turbos on it. What setup would I need to get me in that range of power?

Anyone in Arizona willing to install them?
Search the V6 Camaro forums for ideas and examples, they started out as second generation platforms 3.6L wise and have a number of member cars in the 11 sec quarter mile times with turbos and superchargers on LLT, LFX and LGX motors and use the same computer operating system for the matching motor.

It's the quarter time you want, dyno numbers are good for bragging, but quarter mile times are the real thing no matter what your hp rating is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)

I was confused because I had been looking at the overkill website thinking that pro charger was a regular turbo.

I’m going for 0-60 time and more 8th mile times. I can’t afford a V and with enough power I can beat a V off the line with all 4 tires spinning and a bunch of boost.

I’ll be one of the first with a Twin turbo and a supercharger setup on 3.6 CT’s coupe.

I’m gonna need help though but we can get r done

Anyone else think this is a scam?

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
569 Posts
View attachment 598808

I was confused because I had been looking at the overkill website thinking that pro charger was a regular turbo.

I’m going for 0-60 time and more 8th mile times. I can’t afford a V and with enough power I can beat a V off the line with all 4 tires spinning and a bunch of boost.

I’ll be one of the first with a Twin turbo and a supercharger setup on 3.6 CT’s coupe.

View attachment 598810
I would assume anything claiming to be "universal" is a scam.

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
What's your budget? Skill set?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's your budget? Skill set?
if I can put about 10 grand into it. My skill set is I wouldn’t trust myself to install a supercharger without someone who know what they’re doing more than me. I’m a decent mechanic but never supercharger and turbod a caddy

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
574 Posts
You’re going to need another $10,000 minimum. I have over $10,000 into mine and made it to 450whp on the AWD before the engine gave out. To get to 550whp you’re going to need a forged motor built and about 22psi of boost. Powertrain loss on the AWD is about 30-35%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You’re going to need another $10,000 minimum. I have over $10,000 into mine and made it to 450whp on the AWD before the engine gave out. To get to 550whp you’re going to need a forged motor built and about 22psi of boost. Powertrain loss on the AWD is about 30-35%.

Good to know. What did you do hit 450 whp? Did you rebuild the motor?

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
574 Posts
I had everything that was available at the time, minus cams, and some things that were not. 928 Motorsports upgraded V3 supercharger at 15psi, fuel cam, fuel pump, injectors, wastegate, methanol injection, ported intake, 80mm throttle body, full exhaust, e47 tune, torque converter, $1800 custom driveshaft after snapping 2 stock ones, and I’m sure there’s some stuff I’m forgetting. Oh yeah headers too...

After the engine went I just swapped in an LFX. It’s back running now but I haven’t even started tuning yet. I’ve had my exhaust redone 3 times and have now added port injection for fueling and removed the meth $1000+. I’m going to swap wastegate springs and go back to 12-13 until I build a forged engine later this year or over the winter.

I think I can hit 500 but by the time I do I could have bought a V. I may still buy a V. Air ride is going on next. Have to finish up a different car to free up my lift and then I’ll install that once I finish powder coating some parts.

All said and done to hit 500 I think I’ll have $20,000 into upgrades all into a wagon I’d sell for $25,000 if the right buyer came along. That would be me basically giving the car to someone if they bought all the mods, wheels, air ride, stereo etc.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,412 Posts
Keep your car stock. Keep saving the money you'd spend on the TT/programming/broken parts/etc. When you hit the number, sell your car, take that money and the savings, and buy a V.

Every dollar you spend on yours to make it faster makes it less reliable and worth less. Every dollar you put into a V you will get back.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,892 Posts
View attachment 598808

View attachment 598810
Is there room for Twin Turbos? i saw an episode of All Girls Garage and the installed twin turbos at the exhaust! :eek: (y) Do you think our transmission are built for that kind of HP? rears?

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
12,065 Posts
Is there room for Twin Turbos? i saw an episode of All Girls Garage and the installed twin turbos at the exhaust! :eek: (y) Do you think our transmission are built for that kind of HP? rears?
Yeah, you're tuning in to All Girls Garage for the cars the same way I picked up Penthouse for the articles.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,892 Posts
Yeah, you're tuning in to All Girls Garage for the cars the same way I picked up Penthouse for the articles.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: i got to admit, that Goth sis catches my attention. i love to listen to her "valley girl" accent. and the older episodes with "Chrissy", i don't hear a word she says!!! :love::p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts