Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts
Why’s that? It’s the V sub forum and there’s not separate BW sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had my (non-BW) V just a week and I can't wait to drive a true Blackwing. When you break it down, we're talking about just about 1 second difference in 0-60 times but I know that this 1 second is huge.

Bring it on, baby.

I've had my (non-BW) V just a week and I can't wait to drive a true Blackwing. When you break it down, we're talking about just about 1 second difference in 0-60 times but I know that this 1 second is huge.

Bring it on, baby.
Right. I haven’t tried mine yet. The car is scary fast and I’m a little gun shy to really rip it. Going to have to do it soon before it’s cool and the tire don’t warm up.

Just clicked a 3.6 second run this morning with traction limitations all the way to 95 mph. Thing pulls like a freaking train hit by an asteroid! Woooo Hooooo!!!!! Love burning the dyno juice by the gallon!!!!!
I don't know what is better;

1st gear is just violence as you rip into it for about a second
2nd gear goes by so fast as you are shoved harder into the seat for the next 2 seconds
3rd gear blurs my vision slightly as you pass 60mph just after the shift and you leap towards 70+ mph as if you are falling out of an airplane
4th gear is already into the jail zone and is just freaking awesome with the heavy pull
5th gear is terrifyingly fast too
6th through 10th gears......who cares....

The combination of the sounds, vibrations and thrust is intoxicating. Damn thing is a weapon! Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll be quiet now.

Why’s that? It’s the V sub forum and there’s not separate BW sub forum.

I guess I thought that because the OP has a regular V and there wouldn't be much point in comparing to a BW. 🤷‍♂️
No sub forum, but it would not stop anyone from making a BW thread.

Interesting comparo. I wished that they had given distances run and times to speed.

I briefly considered a Stinger.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Interesting comparo. I wished that they had given distances run and times to speed.

I briefly considered a Stinger.

Same here, but for the price I had to go Caddy. Took my car to the track last week and was a bit underwhelmed with the 1/4 times. They did have an autocross track I might try as obv our V6TT cars are not drag cars.

Same here, but for the price I had to go Caddy. Took my car to the track last week and was a bit underwhelmed with the 1/4 times. They did have an autocross track I might try as obv our V6TT cars are not drag cars.
Did you get close to 13 secs and 105 mph? These cars get to 60 in 4.6 secs but after that, they run out of oomph. They're designed to be fun on the road not competitive on the drag strip - which is okay by me. It'd be interesting to see how you find it on the track. @Theroider recently posted a link to Car And Driver's list of track times (on their lightning lap) and our non-BWs showed that they're half decent on the track.
  1. 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2:49.4
  2. 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:55.6
  3. 2016 Cadillac CTS-V, 2:56.8
  4. 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, 2:59.2
  5. 2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2:59.8
  6. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 3:04.0
  7. 2020 Cadillac CT5-V, 3:04.1
  8. 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe, 3:04.2
  9. 2020 Cadillac CT4-V, 3:06.2
  10. 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport, 3:06.8
Coming in only 1/10th of a sec behind a gen 2 CTS-V is pretty respectable. Of course, not the same day, weather, driver, yadda yadda...

Is yours RWD or AWD?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Did you get close to 13 secs and 105 mph? These cars get to 60 in 4.6 secs but after that, they run out of oomph. They're designed to be fun on the road not competitive on the drag strip - which is okay by me. It'd be interesting to see how you find it on the track. @Theroider recently posted a link to Car And Driver's list of track times (on their lightning lap) and our non-BWs showed that they're half decent on the track.
  1. 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2:49.4
  2. 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:55.6
  3. 2016 Cadillac CTS-V, 2:56.8
  4. 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, 2:59.2
  5. 2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2:59.8
  6. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 3:04.0
  7. 2020 Cadillac CT5-V, 3:04.1
  8. 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe, 3:04.2
  9. 2020 Cadillac CT4-V, 3:06.2
  10. 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport, 3:06.8
Coming in only 1/10th of a sec behind a gen 2 CTS-V is pretty respectable. Of course, not the same day, weather, driver, yadda yadda...

Is yours RWD or AWD?
AWD. 13.3 @ 103 mph was best run and my best 0-60 is 4.4

Wow! 11.07 in the 1/4 at 129mph? This is the 10 speed version like mine!

• Love
Reactions: NorthernSRX
Finally got through the break-in period and decided to try some launches today. The best time I got after four runs was 4.9 seconds to 60 mph (5.1 secs to 100 kph). Today was cold (just above freezing) and road surfaces weren't great. Regardless, I had a lot of fun trying.

Just clicked a 3.6 second run this morning with traction limitations all the way to 95 mph. Thing pulls like a freaking train hit by an asteroid! Woooo Hooooo!!!!! Love burning the dyno juice by the gallon!!!!!
That's not half bad... I got a 3.5 and 3.7 best so far on my CT6V but I'm AWD so I guess its just faster with the right setup.

That's not half bad... I got a 3.5 and 3.7 best so far on my CT6V but I'm AWD so I guess its just faster with the right setup.
Just did a 3.4 and with a 1 ft rollout that was a 3.3. Its all about wheel spin management. If you can control it just right then under 3.5 is possible. And I have not used the launch control yet. I think 3.4 is on the limit of tire adhesion, not power availability as there is way more than is needed. I'll bet it would be faster if it only had 500 hp until you got to 60 mph then 668 hp after that.

Ya no... u win! unfort... i don't have launch control its just push down on the pedal hard as i can lol, though I do have active steering so those corners are TIGHT!

But CT6 is a full sized SEDAN and the ct5 dosen't fit my 3 kids in the back seat and no infotainment system :(

668hp...Drool.... least my torque is comparable! ok!

There's no issues with control on the ct6v bw it never fails tbh AWD maybe is the difference? I can push it to the max with everything off ie traction control, and it never looses control ever, tight corners easy sauce... no spin on pulls.

Ya no... u win! unfort... i don't have launch control its just push down on the pedal hard as i can lol, though I do have active steering so those corners are TIGHT!

But CT6 is a full sized SEDAN and the ct5 dosen't fit my 3 kids in the back seat and no infotainment system :(

There's no issues with control on the ct6v bw it never fails tbh AWD maybe is the difference? I can push it to the max with everything off ie traction control, and it never looses control ever, tight corners easy sauce... no spin on pulls.
Not competing or down playing anything. The 5BW is a special kind of beast. The 4BW is formidable on its own, but honestly Haggerty said it right. GM should have put the 6.2L small block in the 4BW instead. Even in a NA form, it would have been much better. But the the 5V in twin turbo form, that is an amazing car too! Nothing to be embarrassed by. Not at all. I think the Escalade V is bonkers, but I'm glad they made it. They will sell as many of those as can be assembled. I look at it very simply. If you build something that many people want to buy, you will have a very strong business. Koenigsegg has said it before "people don't ask how much the product costs...they ask for a place in line". I think the price of the 5BW is a steal for the performance that comes with it. Sure I am bias, but I challenge you to come up with a better performance car for the dollar. I think I will have new tires delivered to me on a regular basis as that is part of the entertainment cost for the ride!

Reactions: Sleipnyr

I had a CT6 loaner once when my ATS was in the shop and I was amazed. It drove like a much smaller car. Luxury, power, but very nimble. Sound system was unlike anything I had ever heard (and not even the Panaray system). I wish they had not stopped making them in the US.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts