Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 SRX AWD started making kind a wha wha wha noise as you drive. It doesn't seem to be a steady enough noise to be a bearing....but it is constant. And it does not change while cornering. It does seem to sound like it's coming from the drive train.
Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
I think I have something similar going on. The noise comes and goes and tends to go away completely once warmed up. I tend to think it is a brake issue. I have swapped tires around, put on new rotors and swapped pads and the noise still persists. It sounds like it is coming from one of the front wheels, cornering makes no difference, but it is definitely more pronounced when slowing down/braking. Since it has new tie rod ends, my next attempt was going to be stabilizer links. Please let me know if you find anything.

I also dont think it is a bearing, but it comes and goes (based on temperature?) and it does not alter when cornering or leaning the vehicle. If others have any ideas, I would appreciate it. I am still thinking it is somehow brake related, though I can't see how after all the changed parts. Can a brake line blockage or bubble cause this?

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
I just replaced sway bar links and the problem persists. One thing I noticed is when the car is parked with engine off and windows down and I step on the brakes, there is a scraping sound. It sounds like the right front caliper cylinder is scratching along something.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
I finally realized that this was a rear bearing causing strange vibrations in the front end. Once I replaced the rear left bearing (which had been starting to roar, grind and knock), the wha wha wha sound is also gone!

·
Registered
None
6 Posts
actually you have two problems. 1 you need to have your car aligned and most likely your tires are now worn and giving you that noise because of uneven wear on tires. Also 2) you need to have the differentials drained and refilled. some of it is gear noise. Your tire guys can do the diff too.
and as an extra bonus, you have a 3rd problem. You are aggressive on your driving and it causes "chop" on the rear wheels. You can notice this by running your hand backward across the outside of your rear tires. Since you can rotate them, they chop faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts