Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my first attempt I was unsuccessful in getting the pics reduced enough to display a nice clear rendering of the V beast..hope this time it works. Say what you will, about WFO's ride. I like Ghetto and it's all good.

Wheels: Forged Modulare

Color: Powder coated satin black centers w/2" chrome lip

Size: Front 255/21/30
Rear 295/21/25

Tires: Pirelli P-Zero Nero

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
Someone knows how to shoot a car! Can't see any reflection of you in it! Well done! Those wheels look like they're gonna be a bitch to keep clean. What's with the ugly sticker on your lower left windshield?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
WFO: Thank you for posting these awesome shots!
Having had a similar look with my previous wheels (non-V), I'm curious of two things:

Are these staggered 21"s? Looks completely flush and sits soooo nicely. Absolutely sinister!

And who manufactures your rear Spoiler? Is that Specterwerks final Wing for the V-series?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Someone knows how to shoot a car! Can't see any reflection of you in it! Well done! Those wheels look like they're gonna be a bitch to keep clean. What's with the ugly sticker on your lower left windshield?

If you're a :crybaby: they might very well be a bitch to clean. (Just kidding caddyscat...we all know what you mean.)

But if you're a real car guy/gal detailing nice stuff comes with the territory of owning and keeping your equipment nice.

I clean them once a week and not a wimper or whine.

The sticker you ask...why that's a Texas vehicle registration sticker.

Thanks Black Dahlia...they are 21x9 and 21x10...it's in the offset that we got the wheels to sit so square and flush. It does matter to have a true "car nut" designs your wheels. Peter Lee, Owner of Modulare Wheels is that kind of guy.

The rear deck spoiler is from Spectre Werks.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, 2008 C6 Z51, 2010 ML 450H, 2007 BMW 335i
191 Posts
Your car looks wicked!

BTW, you've sold me on the spoiler, very nice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)
322 Posts
I like it! A lot!

BTW, who did the pinstripe? Looks good on there, very subtle.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! Nice job and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
I always thought my V was the best, but I must bow to you. Absolutely best one to date!! The 21's are phenomenal. Makes me miss my V....

Mark

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you my fellow V Gurus. I really appreciate the compliments from all of you.

I really couln't be happier with he set-up. i felt as great as the V is in stock trim it needed a little something to make it unique. I do get many compliments when I stop for gas or traffic lights. From honks to thumbs up. To me it's about good ole 100 year Americana muscle and iron. What could be better?....hmmm, really nothing.

Ok, I know...a newly re-designed body style for the beloved Corvette, with an optional Recaro package. We all know seating has been one of the most requested updates for the vette...why can't they get it going with Recaro like they have it going with Cadillac?

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, 2008 C6 Z51, 2010 ML 450H, 2007 BMW 335i
191 Posts
Agreed on all accounts. :highfive:

I really think the new Vette will be 5x more luxurious. More money that I'll have to convince the wife is being well spent I guess.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree V and Vette.

But 5x the price, I'm not thinking that it will go that high. Thy're having a hard time selling what they have unless they reduce the production...which come to think of it they probably will. Then your 5x price hike just might be a reality, hope not. There are alot of us die hard Vette fans that would still like to continue to be in the driver seat and not the passenger seat of these cars again.

·
Banned
4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.
362 Posts
Say what you will, about WFO's ride. I like Ghetto and it's all good.
Looks bada$$, great job, ghetto or not.

...gotta ask, perhaps I misread...did you speak about yourself in 3rd person? :hmm: :histeric:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Car looks great man. Your lowered right? D3?
Yes, D3 springs..no squeaks yet and 3,800 miles on them. I love the look and is what I've always wanted for this car...in any car.

IMHO...All cars just look their best when they're squared off with a well selected tire/wheel combo. Add to that a slight lower and you've got that sweet ride look.

Taking your time making wheel choices and asking lots of questions to the right people who are not only car enthusiasts but actually have cars of their own set up right gets you the right results for your ride.

These Caddies don't look their best with just any wheel choice. They are a boxy angular shaped car. So IMHO there are only a few wheel designs that look the best for this car.

I think they've got to have a 7-10 spoke wheel. The 5 spoke whee leaves too much brake and rotor showing...Hey it's just my .002 worth.

Looks bada$$, great job, ghetto or not.

...gotta ask, perhaps I misread...did you speak about yourself in 3rd person? :hmm: :histeric:
Someone commented that the car looked "Ghetto"..in some circles Ghetto looks good. In others, it doesn't. To me...it's all muscle and what I want this car to look like...just bad.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts