Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Have a 2003 CTS. It is wet under the driver's seat, and I cannot figure out why. I was hoping it was because one of my boys spilled water or something, but yeah, that can't be it. We've had a lot of rain lately, and I had gotten parts of the carpet dry, like where the driver's side rear passenger puts their feet, but it's getting more wet, again. It has been most wet, and refusing to dry right around where the heating duct is under the seat. I am hoping someone here has had the same problem, and can point me in the right direction for fixing it. The doors are not collecting water in them, so they are draining. At night, the car sits on a slight incline with the nose down. Also, occasionally getting driver's door is open warnings, even though door is closed. Thank you in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >129k miles
527 Posts
My guess is sunroof or heater core. Does the carpet smell like antifreeze?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
If you have a sunroof, check all four drainage. Some people have used a thick fishing line and snaked each hole.

Double check all doors. There are weeping holes in each door. If I recall correctly, you’ll have to pull back on the rubber gasket to expose the hole. And then use a q-tip to clean out the holes. I did this and then nearly a gallon of water poured out.

Then there is the drainage line for the A/C. If you pull back the carpet on the driver side next to the gas pedal. You can see the hose and remove it. Again, you can clean out the hose leading to the ground.

Lastly, as RyanY mentioned, the heater core. But since you didn’t mention any smell, I’ll rule that out. Unless there’s a strong sweet smell...?

KOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts