Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 STS has a wet wheel well The only way it,s noticed is by Removeing the spare and feeling the insulation under the mat thourgh the hole in the mat where the hold down stud is. When I first found this problem the tire was even wet, really wet. It,s still under warranty so took to the dealer for repair, they cemented the trunk seal,dried it out and thought that would take care of it,now after two months it,s getting wet again. So back to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem?,maybe you should check yours! Please respond. Thank you Trines STS

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Had the same problem in my '98 SLS. I removed the old weatherstrip, cleaned all the old sealer from the metal lip that it goes on and then installed the new for '04 weatherstrip. So far, after a few major downpours, no more leak.

·
Registered
SRX V8 AWD
14 Posts
My 02 SLS had this same problem. Mine ended up being coming from the rear wheel well, the dealer was able to find it via the dirt trail. Immke Caddy in Dublin Ohio is such a great service delaer that they also replaced all my carpet and padding in the trunk
Matt
02 SLS
98 STS :bouncy:

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
2 Posts
I had same problem with my 99 Eldo. It was the seal . And the trunk lid stops one on each end of the trunk was out of adjustment. I glued the seal at bottom and adjusted the lid. Make sure your lid is adjusted right.

·
Registered
Sold 2000 STS
9 Posts
Wet trunk

I had the same problem with my 2000 STS. The dealer replaced the seal around the trunk lip. I also had them replace the complete trunk carpet because it was wet and mildew (All under warranty).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts