Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!! I have a lot of water in the right rear floor board. I moved the front passenger seat forward, the water seems to be coming from somewhere near the console, about halfway under the front passenger seat, neat the rear facing vent. Any suggestions or would I be better off taking the car to the dealer?

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Have you had any high wind rain storms lately? I had that happen once on a 2002 Chevy, straight line wind and vertical rain forced itself past the recirculation vent and I had two foot wells FULL of water. 2k and 3 weeks later the body shop dried and cleaned the carpet and replaced the blower motor. I'm not saying that's what happened to you but there are limited number of ways that water can get into your cabin. If you don't have a sunroof and your windows were closed then chances are something in your air circulation system is open that shouldn't be. My insurance covered mine. Keep us posted on what you find, best of luck

·
Registered
2009 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep the car inside a carport. Got it sitting outside today, hoping the floorboard will dry out a little.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,841 Posts
Maybe the HVAC sump condensate drain fitting. The system removes a LOT of water from humid air and it normally drains out through a rubber elbow valve just about under the front seat passenger's left heel. Car up on a lift, fuzzy pipe cleaners from a craft shop. The valve sticks out of the lower firewall at the turn to the body pan.

·
Registered
2009 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to correct my earlier question. The floorboards on both sides of the car are soaking wet. I pulled both front seats all the way forward. I can see under the seats to the rear facing vents that are on the floor and looks to be mounted in/on the carpet. took a very large towel and dried a lot of the water out, got all the doors open today, hoping the sun, air and heat will help dry the floors out also. Any suggestions?

----------

I don't have access to a lift. Would drainage tubes be on both sides of the center console?

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
Someone posted a thread recently where they indicated there was a rubber drain hose under the rear console a/c evaporator for the auxiliary cooling in the back. If that drain gets plugged then all the condensate pulled from the rear unit would flood over into the rear floor. I haven't gotten underneath to look at my own as mine seems to work fine, but they said it was one of those flat squished rubber hoses that lets water out but prevents things from getting in and that it can get clogged. I imagine the front evaporator pan from the a/c has one too. A/c units pull a LOT of water out of the air in a short amount of time and it has to either drain under the car or overflow into the compartment. I'd guess one or the other is clogged.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
269 Posts
HELP!!!! I have a lot of water in the right rear floor board. I moved the front passenger seat forward, the water seems to be coming from somewhere near the console, about halfway under the front passenger seat, neat the rear facing vent. Any suggestions or would I be better off taking the car to the dealer?
Have you determined any cause as of yet?

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
It very easy to find if the a/c drian is clog . Just lift the passenger side carpet you would see the the condense water backing up trough the auxiliary fan

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium, 2009 DTS Base (sold), 1997 Eldorado Coupe
69 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2009 DTS. The condenser drain is blocked. You have to get under the car to access it. If you let it go too long, you will end up with mold under a floor mat or the under the carpet like I did. Take the time and spend the money to fix it now. My dealer only charged my $48.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts