Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to spray a small shot of nitrous. I want a safe shot. I was going to go with 50 or 80. Should I do dry or wet. I believe the 90* angle of our intake is going to effect that decision. Which would you do and why? Im not looking to spray to often, and Im not looking to blow my motor up. Safety is key. Its my understanding that a fuel pump, spark plugs, wires and injectors are needed. In addition to the nitrous accessories (bottle heater, pressure gauge etc). My car has intake and exhaust, Ill probably get catless connection pipes made as well (stock exhaust manifolds tho).....I feel like I should be really close to 400/400 on the 50 shot with a good tune. Is this reasonable? Thanks

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
On LSx engines its really a waste to go less than 100. 125 wet is what I would recommend. There are quite a few plate kits that work really well on our engines. That way you'll be closer to 500/500. Unless you just really want to hide it.

Our pumps and injectors are probably good for the 125 shot, but it never hurts to have the extra capacity. It may actually hurt you to not have it. Get all the safety stuff, like WOT and window switches. Thats way more important than heaters and gauges. Also, a safe tune will probably make you feel better, but not really needed with the wet kit.

If you get the 50 or 80 you will be disappointed, and you'll just move up anyway. So you should go ahead and get a kit that supports the bigger shot. Ballpark around $1000 for a good complete setup. Definitely the cheapest way to 500rwhp and leave those pesky maggied cars in the dust.

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts