Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS4 2008
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my tires wet and shiny looking. I think I have tried everything available in Canada

For the love of God, is there a brand that does not spin off the tires and get all over the rims and paint.

I just ordered some Zaino brand which I have not tried yet.

Is there a mystery technique I dont know about yet? I have tried every trick from lettign sit over night, wiping, sprayint, applying by hand etc

What leaves the longest wet shine and does not spin offf

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
I love my tires wet and shiny looking. I think I have tried everything available in Canada

For the love of God, is there a brand that does not spin off the tires and get all over the rims and paint.

I just ordered some Zaino brand which I have not tried yet.

Is there a mystery technique I dont know about yet? I have tried every trick from lettign sit over night, wiping, sprayint, applying by hand etc

What leaves the longest wet shine and does not spin offf

Zaino is my answer! Just follow the instructions. Several coats will give you a shiny wet black look that will not fly off. Make sure to clean your tires before using it. Less coats will yield a more satiny finish. I have been using it for years and I love it.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
I've been using ArmorAll Tire Foam. I usually let the car sit for a few hours, or over night, before I drive it. I have never had a problem with it flying off. It dries extremely well and leaves the tire's with a deep black shine.

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD
42 Posts
I was wondering about this very issue earlier. After washing the car the other day I tried using Meguiar's tire foam, and was happy with the result until I saw black dots and streaks on my paint from where it had slung off the tire!

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
56 Posts
I use "aerospace 303 protectant" on my dash AND tires. Two coats gets it sufficiently shiny, I then give it a quick wipe with a sponge and presto, I'm done. I have not noticed any run-off.

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
591 Posts
I've been using Black Magic tire gel. My wife has a Crystal Red 09 CTS and I have had no problems with this tire shine. Gotta keep those tires clean and shiny. Like shiny shoes and good suit. Looks good with my black STS too.

Cadjiek

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI RWD
27 Posts
I use Griot's Vinyl & Rubber Dressing. It leaves the rubber with a natural matte finish instead of the shiny finish. I like that - rubber isn't naturally shiny - and the matte finish lasts longer. The dressing is absorbed quickly by the tire and NEVER spins off. This stuff is the best if you like a more natural yet deep black rubber look.

Here's the link:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/wheels+&+tires/wheel+tire+cleaners/vinyl+&+rubber+dressing,+8+ounces.do?search=basic&keyword=rubber&sortby=newArrivals&page=2

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Just use a sponge with your preferred tire dressing and it won't spin off. Also make sure your tires are dry before you apply the dressing.

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
I've been using Black Magic tire gel. My wife has a Crystal Red 09 CTS and I have had no problems with this tire shine. Gotta keep those tires clean and shiny. Like shiny shoes and good suit. Looks good with my black STS too.

Cadjiek
I use this on my 08 CTS and have no problems with it coming off onto the paint.

-Mark

·
Registered
2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD
273 Posts
i use two different tire shines. i like to use zaino as my normal tire shine. it makes the tires look new and clean. when it is nice out and i plan on driving the car and parking it outside for all to see on a nice day, i like to use eagle one tire wet. it has always left my tires looking soaking wet and rarely does it ever fling up. only it you put a boat load on the tires by accident.

for both tire shines, i just put a small amount on a tire sponge and go around the tire. wait a few minutes and then off i go.

·
Registered
'09 CTS
6 Posts
Stoner aerosol "More Shine Less Time" for tires. Works great. I made a cardboard cover to protect the wheels that I hold in place while I spray the tires. Two coats that drys in seconds and will not end up on the side of your car. Was recommended to me after trying many products over the years. This one is the best yet.

http://www.detailingdirect.com/DDAeroDress.htm

·
Registered
08 Light Platinum CTS
219 Posts

Cadjiek
I use this as well. Love the stuff.

·
Registered
'08 CTS-4; 3.6DI; Premium Lux. Pkg., Blk Cherry
114 Posts
Stoner aerosol "More Shine Less Time" for tires. Works great. I made a cardboard cover to protect the wheels that I hold in place while I spray the tires. Two coats that drys in seconds and will not end up on the side of your car. Was recommended to me after trying many products over the years. This one is the best yet.

http://www.detailingdirect.com/DDAeroDress.htm
I too heard about how great Stoner's Tire Shine was, and recently went out and bought it. Have to say it is probably the longest lasting tire shine product I've used....very impressed.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
I too heard about how great Stoner's Tire Shine was, and recently went out and bought it. Have to say it is probably the longest lasting tire shine product I've used....very impressed.
Me too! I also picked up one of these. I can do all 4 tires in about 2 minutes with no overspray on my wheels!

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,292 Posts
I'm using Michelin's 3 in 1 Tire Shine. It can be sprayed but I like to spray it on a cloth and wipe it on. Nice shine (meaning not to shiney) and lasts a good long time; has U.V. protection.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts