Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

This is what I learned from the local Cadillac dealer this afternoon. I am a silver First Edition buyer with the basic wheels. He told me that as of two weeks ago none of the LYRIQs had been made for customers, but rather they were being built for marketing and training at that point.

He was told by Cadillac that they would start delivering cars to west coast customers first then expand east until they reach the east coast. They are training the dealerships now on how to maintain and repair electric cars. I live in North Carolina so I figure I will get my LYRIQ in September.

I wanted my car sooner, but their strategy seems to make sense. I think dealer support is crucial. just wish Cadillac would be more transparent.

Tom

·
Registered
2016 ELR
684 Posts
That makes sense. Supposedly the Debut Edition cars will start to go out to customers next week - after the media event that is going on in Utah right now...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Folks,

This is what I learned from the local Cadillac dealer this afternoon. I am a silver First Edition buyer with the basic wheels. He told me that as of two weeks ago none of the LYRIQs had been made for customers, but rather they were being built for marketing and training at that point.

He was told by Cadillac that they would start delivering cars to west coast customers first then expand east until they reach the east coast. They are training the dealerships now on how to maintain and repair electric cars. I live in North Carolina so I figure I will get my LYRIQ in September.

I wanted my car sooner, but their strategy seems to make sense. I think dealer support is crucial. just wish Cadillac would be more transparent.

Tom
At least that is something for understanding the production rollout to dealerships.
I will just have to wait until the delivery trucks find their way to the midwest 😎

·
Registered
161 Posts
Folks,

Tom
As a California dweller, I hope that is the case!

·
Registered
CTS, SRX
405 Posts
I think the vast majority of allotments should go to Utah based reservation holders.

Utah provided the venue for the press junket.

It's only fair. I'm just being objective and sensible.

Signed,
Aaron
Lehi, UT
I totally agree, right after DFW gets all their allotments. After all everything is bigger in Texas, it’s only fair they get the first and most allotments

Signed
Jim
DFW, TX

·
Registered
8 Posts
I totally agree, right after DFW gets all their allotments. After all everything is bigger in Texas, it’s only fair they get the first and most allotments

Signed
Jim
DFW, TX
Agreed, everything is bigger in Texas as should be our allotments. Also, since bigger comes first, Houston is much larger than cute little Dallas. -- Houston should be first in Texas. just sayin

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I am also with Sewell -- Houston. My understanding is that Sewell sells the second most cars for Cadillac nationwide, and are to receive their allotments early. So we should be in good standing regarding delivery.
I'm with Crest Cadillac in DFW and they've always been great. Been with them since 1998 and I honestly don't see how they could improve further. I'm told they're 5th nationally in allotments.

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Folks,

Tom
Not what we heard. We were told Midwest deliveries would come first. Further east or west would be last. This is for Debut Edition only. Closer to the plant and engineers Incase they need assistance for anything. We were told this months ago. Now we do have training coming up. Out west is one of the first areas with the Midwest / IMS training starting in November.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not what we heard. We were told Midwest deliveries would come first. Further east or west would be last. This is for Debut Edition only. Closer to the plant and engineers Incase they need assistance for anything. We were told this months ago. Now we do have training coming up. Out west is one of the first areas with the Midwest / IMS training starting in November.
Now that is more like it........Midwest first 😂
...."I will just have to wait until the delivery trucks find their way to the midwest 😎".....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Considering the dealer I’m using is in the same state and only three hours away, I’d hate to think they could pass my dealership without dropping some off along the way! C’mon no WAMMIES!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts