Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the last Whipple 3.3l SC from Dragon Race engineering off ebay last night. Heard about it and had to jump on it.
She ain't pretty but with a paint coat she will be.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Bought the last Whipple 3.3l SC from Dragon Race engineering off ebay last night. Heard about it and had to jump on it.
She ain't pretty but with a paint coat she will be.

Good Ballsy move! I spoke with them today, as a matter of fact. Discouraged me from buying Whipple unless I'm good at doing that kind of stuff myself (which I'm not). So I take it you will be doing this install by yourself?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I'll install it then tow it in for a tune.. I shouldn't have to worry about ever running out of blower now.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
LS2 V with a Whipple? NICE!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,199 Posts
Wow, this'll keep you busy for a while. VERY nice!

You know, you could be the first to put a Whipple Install into the faq.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Wow nice! 3.3l and she looks every bit of it! HUGE! Can't wait for the install thread.

·
Registered
'06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor; 2014 XTS-Vsport
634 Posts
:yup: Just paint a Big Black Cadillac logo on it.

:hmm: Then, paint your car Yellow :bonkers: too, . . . perfect together. :cloud9: :duck::hide:

Make sure you take pictures throughout the project.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Great looking blower. Looking forward to an install thread.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just piecing together some things for my fuel needs. I've paid for the head unit, and on Monday I'm going to order the rest, I had to wait for them to send me an invoice. I'm going with 60lph injectors,crank pinning kit, gonna grab 2 different pulleys, intercooler, ls3 maf, 4" tubing, throttle body relocation kit, and the custom intake tube they offer.
For fuel needs I'm thinking Aeromotive 340 Stealth In-Tank Fuel Pump, racetronix wiring harness, and Kenne bell BAP (for later mods)

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,199 Posts
Just piecing together some things for my fuel needs. I've paid for the head unit, and on Monday I'm going to order the rest, I had to wait for them to send me an invoice. I'm going with 60lph injectors,crank pinning kit, gonna grab 2 different pulleys, intercooler, ls3 maf, 4" tubing, throttle body relocation kit, and the custom intake tube they offer.
For fuel needs I'm thinking Aeromotive 340 Stealth In-Tank Fuel Pump, racetronix wiring harness, and Kenne bell BAP (for later mods)
Sounds like someone's been doing some homework. Nice list!

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes sir. Will also be ordering up either some Aero force guages or a DashDAQ with corresponding sensors to monitor fuel pressure, air fuel ratio, boost and IAT temps. probably in about a month or so, money is all of a sudden getting tighter ;)

·
Registered
'06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor; 2014 XTS-Vsport
634 Posts
:cop: I do not think you should paint the Whipple.
~:yup: ~ It is UNIQUE.~
tits The fuel rails are "rad". Yellow-Jacket fuel rails . .:rock: . Cool!! :cool2:---- :eye:Anybody notice that.

:yup: Yellow & Black work well together. Great Contrast.

:suspense: It will be a 'Screamin-Yellow-Zonker'

Definition: ZONKED - being or acting as if under the influence of alcohol or drug: HIGH

:tisk: No Paint No Paint No Paint . . repeat after me . . NO PAINT
:vulcan:

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
:cop: I do not think you should paint the Whipple.
~:yup: ~ It is UNIQUE.~
tits The fuel rails are "rad". Yellow-Jacket fuel rails . .:rock: . Cool!! :cool2:---- :eye:Anybody notice that.

:yup: Yellow & Black work well together. Great Contrast.

:suspense: It will be a 'Screamin-Yellow-Zonker'

Definition: ZONKED - being or acting as if under the influence of alcohol or drug: HIGH

:tisk: No Paint No Paint No Paint . . repeat after me . . NO PAINT
:vulcan:
I agree with stepside, UNIQUE. your accent colors are now yellow. It's in the flag. Hit your brake calipers with yellow, all good.

yellow jacket fuel rails. nice eye

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
yeah, keep it yellow man.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Hey! so I finally joined this forum! I bought the other kit (the blue one). When are you starting yoru install?

-Mark
Oh snap! A race thread like we had before with the Maggies! 1,2,3 GO!

Welcome to the site also.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts