Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Black Raven STS-V
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Caddy to the local 1/8th mile track yesterday; it was upper 70's with a cool breeze and figured why not. I mainly raced Vette's, and beat them all; our times were close, but I was faster. :lildevil: My best run was 8.609 at 82.27 MPH with a 1.992 60'; not sure how good that is. My reaction time's were in the low to mid .300's; so not happy with that, but I will get better as I learn the car more. It was fun and look forward to more trips back as the mods are done for more poweeerrrrr. Just thought I would share.
L8R

·
Registered
2008 Black Raven STS-V
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well they were mid 00's vette's high to mid 8, and one a lil faster. There were about 5 of them; one or two had work done, and only one was faster than the 8.6 mark. So either bad driver's or whatever; one ran an 11 sec pass since he spun all over the track, but I still won which is all that counts!

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Seriously though, a stock or intake/exhaust C5 with an average driver could easily go down to an STS-V.

C6 though? Not happening. An STS-V would need just about every mod available to it (outside of internal engine work) in order to edge out a C6. OR a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad driver in the C6...or maybe a flat tire on the C6, piano falling on it...etc. I don't even think the CTS-V2 can really convincingly beat a C6 stock for stock. That's nearly a 1000lb weight difference!

G

·
^^^ agree. my friend has a C5 M6 convertible w/ exhaust, and he is neck and neck with my V with an exhaust, usually him edging out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts