Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday AM I took the Beast into the Dealer for two things. Car mileage = 5859

1. They had buggered up around the lug nuts on two of the wheels when they were installed.

2. Had "the whine" in the rear end at 40 to 60 mph with just enough pedal to maintain speed.

Friday afternoon the dealer calls and I'm ready for the fight over the whine.

Dealer: "Yep, you have a whine in the rear end. Your car won't be ready until Monday afternoon. We're replacing the rear end with a new one".

Me (shocked): "Is that the 06 rear end":bouncy:

Dealer: "Yep, it will be here Monday and car should be ready by the end of the day "

I was shocked. I was expecting just a fluid replacement and then maybe after the third or fourth time back, a new rear end. Still not sure if it is really the 06 rear end but I have the 06 rear end part number around somewhere and will check it.

I'll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath that it's the 06 rear end. It seems that Cadillac wants to get rid of the 2nd rear end that was produced for the V instead of cutting there losses and installing the 3rd. I've pulled every string possible trying to get the 3rd rear end and it's not happening. I hope you get it though.

Shane

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got the Beast back with a new rear end - but not the 06 rear end. My part number is 10368780. I believe the 06 rear end is 157 something. This burns me. Twice the dealer told me that this was the new beefed up rear end. Oh well I guess back to the shop in another 5000 miles for another one.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ssmith100 said:
I wouldn't hold my breath that it's the 06 rear end. It seems that Cadillac wants to get rid of the 2nd rear end that was produced for the V instead of cutting there losses and installing the 3rd. I've pulled every string possible trying to get the 3rd rear end and it's not happening. I hope you get it though.

Shane
Seems really dumb to me. They should save the 2nd gen rear for the std cts and only put the '06 HD unit into the V cars. :stirpot: Now that would make sense.

·
Registered
353 Posts
lasstss said:
Seems really dumb to me. They should save the 2nd gen rear for the std cts and only put the '06 HD unit into the V cars. :stirpot: Now that would make sense.
that would make too much sense and financial forethought!!!:histeric:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
moldowan