Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the alignment shop! I have a friend that runs one and he does some pretty fanatastic work I tell ya....put the car up and went through it real quick...my passenger tire was sitting neg camber past 1.16 and I disnt really catch the drivers numbers....basically it was OUTTA whack.....way outta whack(and my steering wheel was sitting cockeyed too)....so a few minutes with some wrenches and she is back to being straight and tracking true!!! So happy now....like driving a new car again! Well sorta anyways. hehehehe

and I know if mine was THAT out of whack....and you guys getting told you need $2k in shims and junk....thats a huge load of BS....I got the rundown on part and there is NOOOOO shim kit in the nation for the car that costs $2000.

·
Registered
'91 Sedan deVille
77 Posts
Man I feel ya on that alignment BS some of em try to give ya! Glad I found some honest mechanics that ain't tryin' to screw people. I'm back 140 bucks but that's worth it to me to feel nice and smooth cruisin down the road not wearing down my tires all to hell. Probably shouldn't have cost that much but I'm happy. Now if I could just get some tunes workin...

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I feel ya on that alignment BS some of em try to give ya! Glad I found some honest mechanics that ain't tryin' to screw people. I'm back 140 bucks but that's worth it to me to feel nice and smooth cruisin down the road not wearing down my tires all to hell. Probably shouldn't have cost that much but I'm happy. Now if I could just get some tunes workin...
Hear ya on the tunes...I was SUPPOSED to get my stereo from the dude I got the car from outta my truck....but he has nothing but flaked (shoulda known)...so I am left singing to myself (and NOBODY wants to hear that) or popping the ipod in the ears (even if it is illegal...Im going insane)

I got my alignment absolutey free and I couldnt be happier.....got underneath the car while it was on the rack and we checked everything out and its not in all that bad of shape under there...shocks is working (thank god!) and while my compressor is noisy...it does WORK at least. I didnt see any weird leaks on the botom side either so thats good.

looked up in the engine and noticed some things dont look fun at all...like the AC compressor....but oh well....least I know what I gotta take off to get to it now.

wonder if my heater works? LOL

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
4 wheel alignment is only $50 in my area; just did my Buick this week. The benefits of living in a depressed area.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 wheel alignment is only $50 in my area; just did my Buick this week. The benefits of living in a depressed area.
we are $60 on average out here....but it depends of course on what you drive. My buds Subaru STI costs him a small fortuned cuz of the suspension upgrades he has...he is about $120 per alignment usually....but he has EVERYTHING that can possibly be adjustable upgrades and some other stuff added as well. Same friend aligns that car.....

I am just in love with the fact that its like driving a whole new ride, it smoothed out..I saw 3/10th of MPG on the dash immediately after (I still need new tires) and its riding and cruising much much smoother...which was my goal for the alignment in the first place. And my steering wheel straight! WOOHOO :highfive:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts