Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Are there any pictures of the new car or is it all just talk as of right now?

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pictures as of yet. When they become available, they'll be found in the XTS forum...

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
If the XTS becomes the CTS' big brother -- that would be pretty hot. Especially if there were an AWD version. I just hope it's bigger than the STS....

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the XTS becomes the CTS' big brother -- that would be pretty hot. Especially if there were an AWD version. I just hope it's bigger than the STS....
It'll be about the same size as the Lincoln MKS. The "new" American full-size.. Yeah, I don't like it either - but what can ya do when GM would rather bow to CAFE rather than allow the customers to pay the difference...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The Liberal media has spent the last decade shredding GM's image by painting them as producers of huge, gas guzzling, environmentally destructive vehicles- even though during that time they've manufactured some of the cleanest and most efficient vehicles in the world.

Ask 100 people on the street if a Chevy Traverse gets better gas mileage than a Honda Pilot, and I'll bet 90 of them say no (even though it does).
Regardless of whether or not it's true or justified, GM now has no choice but to go to the other extreme to convince the public that they make fuel efficient cars.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Liberal media has spent the last decade shredding GM's image by painting them as producers of huge, gas guzzling, environmentally destructive vehicles- even though during that time they've manufactured some of the cleanest and most efficient vehicles in the world.

Ask 100 people on the street if a Chevy Traverse gets better gas mileage than a Honda Pilot, and I'll bet 90 of them say no (even though it does).
Regardless of whether or not it's true or justified, GM now has no choice but to go to the other extreme to convince the public that they make fuel efficient cars.
It's unfortunate that a once great company like Cadillac has to succumb to a media that no longer reports the news but makes the news.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
The STS is 197", the MKS is 204" and the DTS is 207". Considering that our gov't consists of the offspring of "Hello Kitty" and "My Little Pony" (i.e. no balls) -- if the XTS were the size of MKS, I'd be satisfied.

I just hope it isn't crossover SUV-like in height, like the MKS. It needs to look sexy...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I had one wish, it would be that the XTS is as wide as a Town Car with an extended wheelbase version available...
If I had a second, it would be that the XTS had a 400hp v8 as an option. :)

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Yeah That ^^^

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
^^^^^ I quess I'll just have to keep my '95 Seville STS in tip top shape and keep driving it. Maybe Mercedes or BMW will come up with something. There are no "ricers" in my future.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It's unfortunate that a once great company like Cadillac has to succumb to a media that no longer reports the news but makes the news.
I agree, but this too shall pass. We survived the Mustang II, K cars and Feather Dusters, and we'll make it through this as well. Meanwhile, anyone who voted for a Democratic senator or Barack Obama needs to keep their mouth shut about the state of the Auto industry for the next 4 years.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
If it's the size of a current S Class/7 Series/A8, that's great. (204-205") In today's market, there really aren't any cars longer than that.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I think I'm more interested in what motor they'll be sticking under the hood...

The boys on GMI will have fun with this one. Nothing but "Cadillac is done" posts with 1000 all agreeing. Most likely the reason why I usually don't log on to that site too much.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Packaging is everything. If they can come up with a stylish car that looks large and is engineered to provide a spacious interior, the reduction in length by 2-3" won't matter too much. Sad about FWD being standard, though. I would much rather RWD.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Aren't the MKS and its siblings very large inside? If this is going to be its largest car, Cadillac will have to give it ample room. Otherwise, it's just a CTS...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts