Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it happened. Friday night I was headed out for dinner and on the way I was caught up in a four car accident that involed a minivan (taxi cab) getting hit by another car and knocked over two lanes into the side of my V and in the process knocking me completly onto the saidewalk. So, the driverside of the V... from bumper to bumper including both bumpers is scratched, depted and overall beat up. Also, since I slid up and onto the curb sideways the alighnment is all tweaked as well. Does anyone have a recomendation to a top notch Cadillac dealer bodyshop? I am very particular with my things and want someone that I can trust will get the car back to be better than it was before the accident. Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.I hope to have the car in a shop by the end of this week if all goes well. I still have to wait the three to five buisness days for the police report, but I would like to have my qoutes ready and waiting for once the report is ready. The V is way too sad like it sits now.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so too.. I saw the pics of your accident as well. The one thing we can both be thankful for is that no one was hurt. I keep telling myself that it could have been a lot worse for me. Where I got hit is less than an 1/8 of a mile from my house and 90% of the time I walk to the place that I was going to dinner at that night because it is so close. If I had been walking I could have been under the car that got knocked up on the curb. Anyway, things could alweays be worse. Hopefully we both will be back to 100% soon enough.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
sorry to hear about this but glad you're ok. hope your car gets a good shop. i wish i could help you out but have no idea about ATL shops. get that thing fixed so we can have another meet or cruise sometime soon.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got back from dropping the V off and the local Caddy dealer. I decided to just go for it and hopefully it turns out better than my last experience with a Mom and Pop body shop. I am not ridding in a 2010 black on black Impalla with 500 miles on it. It is not a bad car, but I already miss the V. If all goes well I should hopefully (fingers crossed) get the V back better than ever in about three weeks from now.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Where in ATL are you? Moving up there permanently this Friday. Need an emissions test to go my way.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CadiBlk- I am between Buckhead and Midtown. If you are not throwing any codes... that are showing up on the dash you will pass the emissions test just fine. In a previous car I have passed many emissions test with no cats long tube headers and the electric cut out open while the test was being done. Where are you going to be in ATL?

Jim-So far the estimate is around 5k they have started ordering parts and things for it so I am guessing everything is good to go on the repairs. I have not heard anything otherwise from my insurance company. Oh, and the crap part about the whole experience that I did find out for sure yesterday was that the lady who was at fault for everything in the accident in fact DOES NOT have insurance. Thank goodness for me being smart enough to get "uninsured motorist coverage" on my policy... and $50 per day rental reimbersment means that I will be in my new CTS (non V) hopefully by the weekend.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
CadiBlk- I am between Buckhead and Midtown. If you are not throwing any codes... that are showing up on the dash you will pass the emissions test just fine. In a previous car I have passed many emissions test with no cats long tube headers and the electric cut out open while the test was being done. Where are you going to be in ATL?

Jim-So far the estimate is around 5k they have started ordering parts and things for it so I am guessing everything is good to go on the repairs. I have not heard anything otherwise from my insurance company. Oh, and the crap part about the whole experience that I did find out for sure yesterday was that the lady who was at fault for everything in the accident in fact DOES NOT have insurance. Thank goodness for me being smart enough to get "uninsured motorist coverage" on my policy... and $50 per day rental reimbersment means that I will be in my new CTS (non V) hopefully by the weekend.
So insurance is not mandatory in Georgia?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
It's mandatory in TX, but probably half of the cars on the road don't have it. :bigroll:

Sorry 'bout your car, BYEOFCR. :(

·
Registered
Cadillac
74 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Three weeks I got rear-ended on I-285, and similar to your situation, the jerkoff didn't have insurance. Lucky I also have uninsured coverage, but I would love to drive by and paintball the guy's house...

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Insurance is mandatory in Georgia.. but there are always those select few that still just don't pay their bills or ignore them and then will end up driving around without insurance. After looking through a few of the accident photos that I took I also noticed that the lady was driving around with a Georgia tag that expired in March of 2008. The most shocking part of it all was the fact that she was driving a very new Nissan Maxima or Altima. (It was the new body style) Anyway, from what I am hearing from the body shop everything is going to work out fine, and at this point there is no reason to get upset. It will all work out in the end and one day Karma will make sure that the uninsured motorist gets what she has coming to her.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Mandatory insurance is a joke anyway. At least in IL. Minimum coverage is $10000. You can hit one car and easily exceed that nowadays.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I talked to the shop on Monday and the car rebirth is underway. All of the parts are there other than the new wheels. I was also able to go and pick up a 2010 CTS.. non V as a rental Saturday... and I have to say that I am not as impressed as I thought that I would be. The inside of the car is a lot smaller that I expected. Everything feels cramped and a little claustrophobic. The regular CTS is definitely no V and I am ready to get my car back.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update-
I got my first court experience due to the accident yesterday only to find out after sitting in court for a little over two hours that I get to go back next month to tell my side of what happened again. The lady opted to get an attorney to try to keep her out of JAIL!!! I hope they throw the key away on her. Either way...Karma always comes back on you, so it will all work out in the end.
On a better note I went by the shop to check on the V now that it is out of the paint booth and all I can say is that it is gorgeous!!!!! The bad part is that I am still going to have to wait till Friday at the earliest to get the car back because they are waiting on one last suspension part that will not be in until Friday. But from what I saw today it is going to be well worth the wait!!! I keep trying to tell the shop that somehow the accident knocked my supercharger off and I need a new one, but they have not moved forward with ordering me a new one yet. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts