Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hilarious to me, but I traded in the CTS-V after less than 6 months. Really never felt comfortable with the car literally and figuratively. The recaro seats just never fit my upper back and shoulders and the car was a little sedate for my "fun" car. The solution was a 2013 convertible ZL1. Dealer did me right on my trade at $42,300 (paid $45.8k), and sold me the Z for $60k.

The Z is a 6 speed manual, blue ray metallic with optional silver wheels and suede. Didn't want NAV as any smart phone will provide directions over Bluetooth with the radio playing. The exhaust note is incredible with the mild/wild carryover from the Z06. Haven't tried the launch control yet as our weather has just been too cold. The best part though is the handling, this car absolutely goes where you point it. UN-freaking-believable confidence inspiring handling is the best way to describe it.

Mods already purchased or scheduled are;

1) ZL1 floor mats
2) bow tie valve stem covers
3) ZL1 decal wheel inserts
4) ZL1 under hood decal
5) Chevy F/R black bow tie emblem cover
6) ZL1 embroidered center console
7) Blacked out tail lights, side markers, reverse lights, turn signals, fogs
8) Remove the "Camaro" side emblems - DONE
9) Roto-fab CAI
10) ZL1 license plate frame
11) Tinting all 4 sides including windshield
12) Remove dealer's emblem - DONE

http://www.parkschevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Chevrolet-Camaro-Convertible_ZL1-Kernersville-NC/1879942233

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely agree. I think the recaros made the V feel worse than it was. Uncomfortable on long trips...well short trips too really. The finish and design of the V interior is definitely more lux than the Z. But I just love the seats in the ZL1. Very supportive and just fit me better. Can't wait for some better convertible-like weather. Already thinking about the top down trips up into the foothills I'll be taking!

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Sweet car though, so enjoy!

Only thing that might get me out of my V coupe is the new C7 IF I like what I see, and only then after a few model years.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! You gotta get what makes you happy.

For me, could never go from a V to a Camaro. :D
Yeah the ZL1 is definitely not for everybody. Much more involved driving experience, less refined, louder exhaust, etc. It does ride much like the V but is much more nimble. The exhaust though would appeal only to V owners who've changed up their exhaust for something louder.

----------

Sweet car though, so enjoy!

Only thing that might get me out of my V coupe is the new C7 IF I like what I see, and only then after a few model years.
Thought about that too. I've never liked Vettes. Sit too low for me and have too much hood out in front. Never felt like I could place that car in a corner the way I wanted. We rented one of the Hertz ones in FL on vacation and I returned it after 2 days. Those seat sucked too. New one will be much better but will still sit low and have a long hood.

·
Registered
'13 V
379 Posts
Congrats on the zl1. After I traded in my 2011 V for a Tahoe, i test drove the zl1 sitting on their lot because I missed the V. While the camaro was nice, i missed both the performance and the refinement of the V. They were offerring me the camaro at $500 over invoice- a nice deal to be sure- but I went ahead and ordered another V instead (this time WITH recaros cause i really wanted them in my last V). I LOVED the heads up display in the camaro and the mylink was awesome. Blu ray was also a very nice color. The vert will be alot of fun too. Glad you kept it in the family though- good luck with her.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I was told by someone from GM, there will be less than 100 cars built like mine. Apparently the blue ray metallic is a rare color, then add the rarity of a convertible ZL1. Good to know.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
I prefer V, however the ZL-1 is just a hair behind in my particular opinion on looks! I looked at a whit Z at a dealer - nice details on the car.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Same as Night Race Blue on the Corvette? That's a subtle color, very classy. I wish the CTS-V had it.

·
Registered
09 G8 GXP
58 Posts
Hilarious to me, but I traded in the CTS-V after less than 6 months. Really never felt comfortable with the car literally and figuratively. The recaro seats just never fit my upper back and shoulders and the car was a little sedate for my "fun" car. The solution was a 2013 convertible ZL1. Dealer did me right on my trade at $42,300 (paid $45.8k), and sold me the Z for $60k.

The Z is a 6 speed manual, blue ray metallic with optional silver wheels and suede. Didn't want NAV as any smart phone will provide directions over Bluetooth with the radio playing. The exhaust note is incredible with the mild/wild carryover from the Z06. Haven't tried the launch control yet as our weather has just been too cold. The best part though is the handling, this car absolutely goes where you point it. UN-freaking-believable confidence inspiring handling is the best way to describe it.

Mods already purchased or scheduled are;

1) ZL1 floor mats
2) bow tie valve stem covers
3) ZL1 decal wheel inserts
4) ZL1 under hood decal
5) Chevy F/R black bow tie emblem cover
6) ZL1 embroidered center console
7) Blacked out tail lights, side markers, reverse lights, turn signals, fogs
8) Remove the "Camaro" side emblems - DONE
9) Roto-fab CAI
10) ZL1 license plate frame
11) Tinting all 4 sides including windshield
12) Remove dealer's emblem - DONE

http://www.parkschevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Chevrolet-Camaro-Convertible_ZL1-Kernersville-NC/1879942233
You did good. I see your V is selling for $49.791 now at Parks. That's a good low miles car.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I didn't even know you bought a V2. Shows how out of touch I am.
The bad thing about a Camaro, is other drivers automatically assume you're a white trash *******. Hope your experience on the roads is better than mine.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I didn't even know you bought a V2. Shows how out of touch I am.
The bad thing about a Camaro, is other drivers automatically assume you're a white trash *******. Hope your experience on the roads is better than mine.
Is it the Camaro, or you.......?

:leaving:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Knowing me, I would say it's me.
But considering they can't really see me inside the cocoon that is a Camaro interior, I am gonna have to say it's the car.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
:D

That cocoon is why I could only see getting a vert. I've been in a few, felt like a bunker.

BTW bud, how are you? Haven't seen much of you around here.(not that I'm here a huge amount.)

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Since I haven't had a Cadillac in three years, there is less and less to keep me interested in Cadillacs. As much as I miss my V, they have gotten WAY too expensive for my taste, so it is extremely unlikely I will ever have another. I tried to resign my mod-privs, but they won't let me leave :D Not sure why.

How about you? How is life after the hulk?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I hear ya. Same for me after getting rid of my Z06. Just lose interest.

Maybe they just love your sorry ass? :D

Miss him. But, in many ways, life is simpler, even though family and I are about to move into a new house. Actually thinking about renting out our current home instead of selling. Become a land baron.

Overall, life is hectic, but exciting.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I have friends who own a dozen properties. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. Sounds worse than collecting cars actually.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts