Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... losing my CTS. my parents changed all the insurance around and now my insurance is gonna be 1k dollars every six months and i really cant afford that. i am currently paying 300 every six months. so i have got to get rid of it. i am gonna post it on ebay probably tuesday when i can get my hands on our digital camera and put it up (also got to get the pay off from the bank monday so i can put the buy it now price up). it was a great car, probably one of the best cars i have driven save for my 93 Fleetwood, which no car can touch. anyway, this really sucks and i am pissed off. i am looking at my buddies 94 Fleetwood with 22s but i doubt he'll sell it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Who's your insurance company?

I have AllState, and with their new platinum package I pay 800 per 6 months for my 2006 CTS.

Then again, I've never had an accident or gotten a ticket. But with the Platinum package my rates don't go up if I get into an accident or get a ticket.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have shopped around but everything has been between 1,5k and 1,7k. so i have no choice, it has to go if it is sold or repo'd it has to go. i am so mad right now and yeah my parents know how much it is gonna cost and they ok'd it. so i said well im selling it or getting it repo'd and they got pissed cause it will hurt their credit but they screwed me on it so we all know what pay back is...:helpless:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kanniballl said:
Who's your insurance company?

I have AllState, and with their new platinum package I pay 800 per 6 months for my 2006 CTS.

Then again, I've never had an accident or gotten a ticket. But with the Platinum package my rates don't go up if I get into an accident or get a ticket.
still couldnt afford it, my max, insurance wise, is 500 and there is no way to do it cause of my age and all that. plus i have had an accident so im screwed that way too. i had to get rid of my 89 (which i havent taken out of my ownership) cause the insurance was gonna be 600 bucks so im out of Cadillacs. guess it just wasnt meant to be. i just talked to my friend who wont sell his Fleetwood so that is it, no Cadillacs for me.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i do sell it or get rid of it this is what i am probably gonna get (cheaper car payment and maybe cheaper insurance) 1998 Cadillac Deville with 69k miles:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cadiman1983 said:
Insurance sucks when your young, it wont' go down until we're 25, stupid companies.
well mine went down when i turned 20 and will go down again when i turn 25. unfortunately that is 4.5 years away and i cant wait that long. damn i wish it didnt cost this much i still cant believe that i am gonna have to sell it. that Deville is pretty nice looking though and i will be very happy with it. i did find a Fleetwood for 8,9k around here so i might look at it also (and will prolly get it if everything goes well) but i gotta wait til this thing sells or otherwise gets repo'd. i never thought it would come to this. so any of you guys wanna buy it?

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Wow, what a sucky situation.

I'm currently having insurance issues too. For the past 3 years, I've been on my parents insurance (Allstate, then Nationwide, and now AIG), always on the cheapest rate car we've had, to keep my rates down. That's worked well, with me only driving one of their cars when need be, but now I'm realizing I need my own OFFICIALLY, meaning I also need my own insurance.

Basing figures on a '95 Fleetwood I've been looking at, I've gotten 6-month quotes anywhere from $580 with State Farm, which kinda shocked me, to $1200+ for AIG, which is the same insurance I'm currently on with my parent's policy....weird, being the most expensive, since my parents claimed their rates went down across the board when they switched to AIG, along with being some of the lowest they've ever had.

I can afford the $500-650 range for 6 months on my own, but anything more would be pushing it. Guess that's just what happens when you're a 19 year old male with a perfect driving record and credit...:bigroll:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
here are the pics im gonna use for eBay:
Looks like an awesome car, and about 10x nicer than any grandma, mush-bag riding, FWD, dime a dozen Deville...even though I do understand the point of them being cheaper to buy used and *maybe* cheaper to insure.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
By the way, what kind of insurance deal did they have going that you were only paying $300 every 6? That sounds impossible, but were they paying part or what?

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine dropped when i turned 20. i was paying 1,2k every six months on my Lincoln and it dropped to a little under 900. but i was only paying 150 dollars a month then and it wasnt too bad. now though i am paying almost 350 dollars a month and 1k every six months just isnt going to work, expecially when i will be moving out here in a few months. yes this does suck, ive got so attatched to this car and now i am losing it cause my parents wanna save a few dollars.

i cant believe it was gonna be that much for a Fleetwood! that is overpriced a bit much, especially if you get into an accident they will claim it to be totaled (like they did to me) and you will be out that much. i never thought i would be in an accident, i was always a good driver and had never had any kind of accident before hand. and one day i come around a curve and way lay the hell out of the lady infront of me.

caddycruiser said:
Wow, what a sucky situation.

I'm currently having insurance issues too. For the past 3 years, I've been on my parents insurance (Allstate, then Nationwide, and now AIG), always on the cheapest rate car we've had, to keep my rates down. That's worked well, with me only driving one of their cars when need be, but now I'm realizing I need my own OFFICIALLY, meaning I also need my own insurance.

Basing figures on a '95 Fleetwood I've been looking at, I've gotten 6-month quotes anywhere from $580 with State Farm, which kinda shocked me, to $1200+ for AIG, which is the same insurance I'm currently on with my parent's policy....weird, being the most expensive, since my parents claimed their rates went down across the board when they switched to AIG, along with being some of the lowest they've ever had.

I can afford the $500-650 range for 6 months on my own, but anything more would be pushing it. Guess that's just what happens when you're a 19 year old male with a perfect driving record and credit...:bigroll:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
caddycruiser said:
By the way, what kind of insurance deal did they have going that you were only paying $300 every 6? That sounds impossible, but were they paying part or what?
it was under my grandmothers name but they moved her off of it and well what all they did was screwed up all to hell and couldnt even begin to explain it. no i paid the full 285 something for it (just south of 300 actually) and that is full coverage! Farmer's Insurance is who my company is.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Pay cash for an old pickup truck so you don't need anything but liability insurance. Young people get an insurance break on pickups anyway. That's what I did when I was young.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
dkozloski said:
Pay cash for an old pickup truck so you don't need anything but liability insurance. Young people get an insurance break on pickups anyway. That's what I did when I was young.
Actually, that's all we have on both the '92 Roadmaster and the '93 Fleetwood since they really aren't worth all that much in the first place, and are so old.

And that's all I planned to get on the '95 FWB I'm thinking of buying...which is what I got the 6 month quotes on, from $580 to over $1200.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I think your gonna be in for a surprise unfortunately. Even if I were to get LIABILITY ONLY on my moms Elantra, Im still looking at around 500 or so every six months because Im 23, and 900 with full coverage.

The Deville will help you, but so long as the car is owned by someone else and they require full coverage insurance, do not expect to see anything close to 300.00 every six months insurance again for along time.

Sorry to hear about the situation, but then remember, I went from driving a 42k Avalanche to "slumming it" in my Elantra for now til I figure out what Im going to get. Im done with car payments for along time though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
so i said well im selling it or getting it repo'd and they got pissed cause it will hurt their credit but they screwed me on it so we all know what pay back is...:helpless:
You sound like a whiny bitch.:crying2:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts