Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it.... 5AM Saturday, in 24 hours from now, we'll be off! The internet here gets disconnected today, so I figured I'll say good bye while I have the chance.

Whats left to do today.... pack the Caddy (won't take long) finish working on the '79 DeVille (nothing like waiting for the very last day to do work I have been wanting to do all year) say some final good bye's, get a good nights rest, then Sunday early AM we are out.

the RAM is all packed up (what a sweet truck that is.... Cummins Turbo Diesel, 5spd) We did that yesterday knowing it was going to rain today and tomorrow, we rigged up a water tight solution that is working pretty good. The trailer is now fully loaded, that is enclosed and we just put a rubber roof on it, so it will be nice and dry. My mother and Rich will be in the truck, I'll be all alone :)D) in the Caddy and just go ahead, we are taking our time, 3 days in total, but it's all good. A much later start then I had hoped... but its ok, a week and a half after I get down there, I am on a plane to Texas on an extended weekend, then back to FL.... this month is going by too fast.

So I have XM and my load of real CD's, plus all my MP3 CD's I am ready, I am really looking forward to this trip, anyone that knows me, knows I love driving, and this will be my first time driving across the country, so I think it'll be great, finally done with fixing the slightest issue on the car, stuff I normally woudln't worry about, but she is in perfect shape now, it'll be a nice ride down, plus, the car gets to finally go back to its home state :)

We are taking 9W down to Newburgh, where we will pick up 84 West, we will then be picking up 81 South, then 77 South, that'll take us into South Carolina, that will be the first day, we will be spending the night there, then Monday we will be taking 26 and picking up 95, where we will take that right down to FL, Once we get to Jacksonville, take 10 West, to 75 South and head to Gainesville, where will will spend Monday night at some realitives, now, we are only about 2.5 hours from Clearwater, so Tuesday we will get back on 75 South, which turns into 275, thish leads us right into Clearwater, get there some time int he after noon on Tuesday, unload, and start to finally enjoy FL. :)

Taking the NYS Thruway right down to the city then picking up I-95 would be the most direct route.... but there will be alot of traffic thru parts of PA, and mostly Washington DC, so we are bypassing all that, and taking a more senic route... fine with me.

The RAM all packed up:

Still a few things that had to go in, but this was pretty much it.... we broke down the entertainment center, computer desk and microwave cart... which saved massive amounts of room.

Gosh, I am going to miss this car... for now it'll stay up here, I may take it down as soon as Spring break (fly up, visit, drive down) that'll be a fun ride back :) Today I took pretty much half the engine apart, now it is mostly back together.... but she'll be here... the Oldsmobile is off the road, and the '93 Coupe is what I'll have in FL for now, works for me :)

Highly detailed/accurate path of the route:

So keep your thumbs off your glass and the bears off your ......tail.
We'll catch you on the flip-flop.
This here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone. bye bye.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Have a good time, enjoy the drive, i love driving too, and i know how much fun you'll have, be safe, wear a seatbelt, and above all

ENJOY YOURSELF

BTW that Deville is REAL nice

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Wolf, I hope I'm NOT too late for you to catch this!

Have a safe trip & be careful! Sorry we didn't hook up, but never say never! I take it that you & Mom were not selling the N.Y. house ? (Leaving behind the yellow Caddy....)

Down here in NJ (you'll be passing to my west) it's really pouring now (7:30AM) so...chill out.

Best of everything good to 'ya! :yup:

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
yup , take your time .....

remeber gerogia cops are dicks all the way to the state line , also we weary of any 96 Impala SS's when your going thru there , one county still has theres , and there unmarked ....

also florida has pulled the same stunt , were running unmarked Mercury Maruaders ...seems thats the only way ford could sell those things

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everyone... I'm still here... for the day.

The '79 and the Olds are staying at my fathers... the '79 will be in a huge garage to stay dry this winter, the Olds will be outside with a car cover.

My mother isn't selling the house yet... within the next couple years.

Sandy... I gotta see ya sometime... dunno when... but I know I gotta :)

cops... grrrr.... NYS dosn't have unmarked cop cars (for doing any law enforcement) they are all driving the new Crown Vic's...

I guess I should see what states the radar detector is illegal in... I know the DC area

Thanks everyone for the heads up tho :)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Good luck man, and enjoy Fl, as i know i did when i was down there

Have a great time

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
In the words of the Price is Right... NIGHT WOLF... COME OOON DOWN!

Youll like it here, its a really great place overall in comparison with everywhere else Ive lived (including northeast PA, which id just as soon forget). Youll be taking almost exactly the same route I did from there to here.

You probably wont see this, but if at all possible you need to try and time your trip so you go through the mountains of VA, and West VA DURING THE DAY. I went through in the dead of night and couldve kicked myself for doing so, it seemed like a gorgeous area but I didnt get to see it. Also, gas stations all through there seem to be closed at late night.

Good Luck.

·
5,826 Posts
Night Wolf said:
cops... grrrr.... NYS dosn't have unmarked cop cars (for doing any law enforcement) they are all driving the new Crown Vic's...
I'll disagree with that statement. This past Wednesday coming back to school, Binghamton, I saw at least 4 unmarked Crown Vics with people pulled over in the NYS Thruway and Route 17.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Nightwolf, have fun, drive safely and give us a holler when you make it there. Good travels pal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy