Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cookoo:I have an 04' Escalade and there is a slot next to the left AC vent on the drivers side. What the heck is this here for? What can you use it for?:banghead:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Coins, credit cards, access cards? Up to you...

That slot is where the other GMT8xx family SUVs have the controls for the push-button 4WD system, when equipped. On 2WD models of those trucks, and ALL models of Escalade, that space is just an empty slot since the Escalade has an AWD system with no low range gearing.

·
Registered
06 Escalade
282 Posts
Has anyone tried to make use of that slot? Maybe a good spot for some switches or something? Make it look stock somehow.

·
Registered
Escalade
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but I'm not sticking my credit cards in that slot... wish I could find some use for it though...

·
Registered
04 Ext, 94 deville
198 Posts
I shove my wife in there when she acts up! :thepan: No ive never found anything to put in there that stays in there so its just a dust collecter in my truck!

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
169 Posts
I have two things in there. I have an after market Pioneer F90bt - One is a an adjustable potentiometer to change the level going into the GMOS adapter - If is set it at the GMOS it was either too high where I could hear slight engine whine or too low where I could not crank the stereo. The other in a momentary button to cycle through the volume levels for the onstar... They are out of the way and accessible.

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
I'm going to go the POVICH route.............stuff my wife in their when I can't take it anymore.....lol
Good one. Might have to make it slightly larger.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
85 Posts
I'm going to install that electric bed cover and air bags the switches will be located there. And if I have more room the girlfriend will get stuffed in there too lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts