Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My dad just purchased a 2003 Cadillac CTS. I'm not entirely sure what trim package he bought but he has leather seats, a moon roof, and larger wheels if that helps. :bigroll:

Anyway, there's something odd going on.

The car works great with the exception of a couple of minor things.

1) The passenger window does not operate on it's own. It completely mirrors whatever the drivers side window does. If the driver puts his window down, the passenger window goes down. If the driver puts his window down 1/2 way, the passenger window goes down 1/2 way. What gives?

2) The mirrors exibit the exact same behaviour. Whatever you do to the drivers side mirror, the passenger mirror follows.

Basically, neither the window or the mirror on the passenger side can operate independently. My dad thinks this is a setting but I highly doubt it. Sounds like a wiring/electrical issue to me.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. I agree with you, it sounds like wiring/electrical. I'm not aware of any preference setting that would do that.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it.
The modules have a software issue that should be resolved by cycling power.
After you are done, roll both front windows up and hold the switches up for about 3 seconds after the glass reaches the top.
This will reset the "express up" feature.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
We call it "logic lock".
Happens every now and then.
Rare, but easy to fix.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I had the same issue but then it kinda fixed itself by the driver control i can roll every window down and up but the rest can only roll up.
I disconnected the cables for about 10 minutes and connected again and Still same issue. How long do i have to disconnect the plus and minus cables for this to work and is there something else i have to do?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
[page] paging ewill, bill please report to this thread. thank you. [/page]

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
I had the same issue but then it kinda fixed itself by the driver control i can roll every window down and up but the rest can only roll up.
I disconnected the cables for about 10 minutes and connected again and Still same issue. How long do i have to disconnect the plus and minus cables for this to work and is there something else i have to do?
My 2005 does the same thing. Only the driver's door control can roll windows up and down, but the switches on every other door can ONLY put the windows up, not down. The window lock out feature is off too.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am here, not sure what to say about this one.
All 3 of the other doors only roll up and not down?
A strange set of circumstances would have to be met for this to happen.
Has anyone checked either of these cars out?

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Wow I have been trying to figure this out for months! Thank you ewill3rd I did exactly what you said and it fixed my problem in less than 5 minutes. You rock!

·
Registered
CTS
53 Posts
Ook every time i think its easy to fix caddy problem ,,but its getting more sophisticated ,there is no obvious cause for that window issue all i can say DATA LINK from master switch to the passenger control modular (software communication ),
but i think they using max bus type !

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
These systems keep getting more complicated by the year.
The advances in technology make these systems lighter and "simpler" but at the same time they are trickier to figure out.
Most body electrics are still on Class 2 data and those that aren't are usually low speed LAN.
Things change from year to year.
Most of this issue is just a logic tie up on one module and since each door has one... well strange things can happen.

Glad to help when I can.

·
Registered
cts
4 Posts
I had the same problem earlier. Try disconecting the battery for 15 minutes to reset the cars computer. Hook it back up and everyting should be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts