Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm having a bit of a problem and I remember reading on here similar problems that ended up being the bushings. I searched and read a few things but wanted some more info.

My car does it when turning, backing out of the driveway and going over the bump at the end. It did it a while back and went away, but now its back and worse.

I took it to the dealer before my warranty ran out and they dismissed it as "Its your brakes squeaking", but I've got new brakes and its not even just from when I brake. They said that all of the problems reported right before my warranty ran out would still be covered for 12months from report of the problem (So it should be under warranty)

Does anyone know the TSB Number for the bushing or control arm that seems to fix this? Giving the dealer that number makes it almost impossible for them to bullshit their way out of it.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
I think that I may have the same issue. Though, our sounds might be different.

I had the same noise that I am hearing in my 06 CTS, that I had in an 04 Grand Prix. I was able to fix it and it was the sway bar links. The noise went away, however the sway bar link was about 18inches long. Where as our sway bar links are about 6 inches. But still can have a problem as such. I just looked at them an hour ago when I was working on my head lights. So I haven't had the chance to go down to the parts store to see if they have them. For my 04 Grand Prix, only the dealer or special order from napa had them. For napa it was 2 weeks away while the dealer was the next day. And on top of that, the dealer was $5.00 cheaper. :) Yeah you read that right, the parts from the dealer were cheaper than napa.

In the mean time, I have tighten the bolts down on the side that is making the noise. I have to see if it still makes the noise. So I could see if I need to buy them.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Does anyone know the TSB Number for the bushing or control arm that seems to fix this? Giving the dealer that number makes it almost impossible for them to bullshit their way out of it.
If you go to FAQ (first Link) then search for 06-03-08-008 there is a lot of info.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/search/faqsearch.php

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/06-03-08-008.pdf

Something occured to me and that is, if that bushing is moving, it's also throwing off our front end suspension. The fix is to put a Plastic spacer and that will stop the noise, but the alignment is still moving. No wonder my front tires cup so quickly......

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
i would be strangling that dealer.... make him fix it because you were complaining before the warranty expired.

its the lower control arms.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Since I have tighten the bots down on the sway bar links. I have not heard one creeking noise from the passenger side, or the drivers for that matter. I have even driven "harder" just to make sure. Normally I drive nice and slow when coming to a corner or bump where I know it will make that noise. Either way, I haven't heard it since the other day.

KOY

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I just went to autozone yesterday and they do have our sway bar links. $46, though I don't know if that is for a set or two or for each side. I do know that they are sold as a set, one for each side. But the guy quickly told me it was for one and went to the back. But like I said I believe they are sold as a set.

So if you are able to, do it your self. It's easy enough, just take off the wheels. And the sway bar links are right there behind the rotor. If I remember correctly it's at least a 15mm bolt.

If replacing the sway bar links doesn't fix it. Then it might be the bushing or whatever they said above.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally got it into the dealership and they confirmed that it needs a new bushing. Even though my car is out of warranty, since I brought it in originally under warranty they are fixing it for free (normally about $400). I also am getting the XLR rear differential synthetic fluid because my clutches are locking up when i turn sharp and a heat shield came loose and is making the car sound like shit.

So it will be under $200 to get everything fixed, I'm pretty satisfied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts