Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the car was parked for any amount of time, every time I start up and the first time I apply brakes at like 1mph, there's a weird fast double-click or mechanical sound coming from the rear. I've checked brake pads, body molding, etc. I hope it's not my differential. Rear shocks? Seems to emanate more on the rear driver side It's only when I first apply the brakes, happens both forward or reverse. Can't diagnose the issue. PS: 125,000 miles. Started at about 80k miles shortly after I replaced rear brake pads with OEM.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it possible to have someone listening outside of the car during the first brake apply? And you said you hear it while braking at 1mph. Can you also hear it when braking from higher speeds?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,145 Posts
Anything to do with your ABS?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, if it started when you replaced pads, that should be the first place to look.

Also, do you regularly use your parking brake? Not sure how the rears are on the ATS, but I know the wind in procedure can be annoying on some cars and it's possible to wind it too far at first, requiring a few applications of parking brake to adjust (but I don't know how it would work in an electronic parking brake).

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, if it started when you replaced pads, that should be the first place to look.

Also, do you regularly use your parking brake? Not sure how the rears are on the ATS, but I know the wind in procedure can be annoying on some cars and it's possible to wind it too far at first, requiring a few applications of parking brake to adjust (but I don't know how it would work in an electronic parking brake).
I use the pedal-pushed parking brake several times a week to keep it exercised. It operates well with no strange sounds. I check the cable every time I change the oil or any kind of under body inspection. I suppose it's possible that it's part of the problem. Just not sure yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts