Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 DeVille Concours
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ranger.... I have faith in you, as you have helped in the past....

I replaced the Blower motor on my 97 deville concours.... It worked beutifully after your suggestion on R&Ring it.

Now it comes on intermitantly. I can leave the ac or heat on all day and the blower wont come on, then the next day it will work right after I start it, but eventually stops turning on..... Driving me nuts!!!!!

the other day I replaced my battery, and the damned blower moter came on after not doing so for 3 weeks, but of course its 91 degrees here in chicago, so to torture me some more, it stoped.:thepan:

help before I fix it with a match and a tank of gas!!!!:bighead:

THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Have you checked the blower speed controller? It was a module on the 89-93 Deville, I don't know where it is on your car.

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE,2001 STS.
122 Posts
I agree with chubbyranger. If you do find it try bypassing the controller with some jumper wires. this will take the blower controller out of the equation. just remove them when you park,if it works like this for a few days problem solved if not maybe a cracked wire that you'll have to trace out.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
The control circuit is integral on the '97 blower. Next time it does not come on, wiggle the connector at the blower to be sure the pins are straight and clean. If it comes on, pull the connector and inspect it closely. I have heard of the connection getting burnt in which case wiring in a new connector would fix it.

I don't think you can jump the wires. Blower speed is controlled by variable voltage, .04v - .09v (I think). Putting a full 12v to it might damage it (not positive about that).

Was the blower new?

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
91 in Chicago, that sounds nice..........who needs A/C?

Check the blower connector as Ranger said. I just replaced a blower today. Not sure of the control circuit, I think it is PWM. Use a test light when it isn't working....set the fan to high. You'll have a bright light across two terminals and a medium light across ???you won't hurt it by probing.

·
Registered
97 DeVille Concours
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RANGER.... as always you are the master of cars...... It was the connector that has a loose connection.... Thank you to all that replied as well.... I finally figure what is wrong with it, and it cooled down to about 79.... go figure. 90 on day with no ac, 79 the next day

thank you all

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
Throw enough rounds down range and you are bound to hit something now and then. Keep the faith. 90's are coming on Monday.

·
Registered
96DeVille
962 Posts
Hey Ranger, I've been away saving the country, good to be back. Connector lead took me no where, so real quick, where do I find the fuse for the blower motor? Mine just quit and the fuse isn't up front, so I'm thinking I need to climb into the trunk. I replaced this bear[the blower motor] a few months back, might need to go back in..... K_C

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
KC,
I would have thought it was in the underhood fuse block, but if not, then probably in the trunk electronics bay on the back side of the rear seat back. It is rare to hear of one failing again so quick, but I agree sounds like you may have to go back in again. I can tell you from experience that the second time will be a breeze.

·
Registered
96DeVille
962 Posts
I remember you saying that when I was doing my job. I've lived with a vibration at high fan speed and try to keep it on low. Bet it ---- the bed. Here I go again, luckily I still have the trusty little 'ol turnbuckle. Now if I could only find the receipt. K_C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts