Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so when I got my car a few weeks ago the airbag light was on with a B0092 for the passenger presence sensor being the culprit. I went with the airbag360 emulator because it was the most effective fix, as my car was not covered by the recall.

Move forward a week and it comes, I hook it up and all seems great until later that night (keep in mind NIGHT, it's going to matter later) when i'm going home and the light is on. I try to unplug it, plug it back in ect, everytime I got to work or come home it's on. Now it won't go off at all. Move a few more days when i'm off running errands it's fine, no issues. The next day, i'm up at 6am headed to work and it's back on again. WTF???

I messaged AirBag360 and never heard from them. Now over the couple days I figured something out. When it was zero degrees out I had gone out to warm the car up and I turned my headlights off, started it and went in. 2 minutes later I come back out to leave and the airbag light is off! Yay! I go, put my headlights on and 5 seconds later the light comes back. Son of a B****! Same thing the next day, I start it with the lights off and when I get in, turn the lights on, and the bag light follows.

Ok so now i'm like, maybe I can repeat this and sure enough, I can make the airbag light go on and off! I have not yet pulled the code to see if it's the same, but DAMN, this is a weird one. Now remember I said night was important, well most of the time it's been dark out when i'm coming or going to work, so the autolamps would always activate.

So to add insult to injury the passenger airbag light exhibits the following indication all depnding on when the lights come on.

Car started with autolamps on and turned on before car is started ----- Passenger Airbag OFF and ON are light up together
Car started first and then manual activation of lights ------ Passenger Airbag ON is the only one to stay lit

I can literally make the airbag light come on and off at will. It's totally crazy. Has anyone else had any experience with the AirBag360 emulator? Also any other comments or ideas are welcome.

This is an 2006 I got for free with 108k and i've had some interesting experiences so far! More stories to come!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
Curious why you say your CTS isn’t covered under the recall. I had mine, 06, passenger sensor replaced under the recall. However, that is was many years ago. So maybe, now that it’s 13 years old, yours has gone past a time limit.

As for the Passenger AirBag indicator on the mirror. Everything is suppose to light up when you turn on the car. Just like all the lights in the cluster. But since my CTS was totaled a few months ago, red light runner. I can not go out and check to see what happens after the lamp test.

Before this thread, I never heard of AirBag 360.

KOT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time to update this with another find. It seems as if the twilight sensor maybe the culprit. I can use my headlight all I want during the day with no "Service Air Bag" message or light but as soon as the sun goes down, it seems to trigger the malfunction.

I was really hoping I wouldn't be out on an island with this. Just my luck. :( Still love the car though even with all the issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick Update : I finally got a very short response that they are working on it. This is definitely a bug in the programming. Hopefully it get's fixed soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another update. I heard back that they are a bit stumped. I took some videos for them to help them out and hopefully this will get resolved soon. If they get this right, this is an amazing option to changing the seat sensor for hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
701 Posts
same here. What does it do? Why would you want to "emulate" an airbag? Is that different from a working airbag?
That was my thought, too!

I had the airbag lights come on intermittently a while back. FWIW I resolved my issue by unplugging the connector under the passenger seat, applying DeOxIt to the connection, and reconnecting (dielectric grease would have worked, too). Never had a problem since. The culprit was the intermittent connection, given that the car was about 10y.o. at the time and humidity, dirt, etc disrupted the connection. Therefore, if the Airbag 360 thingamajig is not essential, it may be worth going back to the original configuration before trying to troubleshoot the add-on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the seat presence sensor in the passenger seat is bad. It's hundreds of dollars for the fix and a bitch of a job in my 109k mile CTS. This unit allows you to intercept the seat presence sensor and tell the computer to activate the passenger airbag. Without this your options are 1) replace presence sensor for $$$$$ or 2) no passenger airbag deployment and an annoying service air bag indicator.

Based on who I know was in the passenger seat for the last 50k, and the B0092 code and based on already messing with the connector and the absolute lousy reputation this exact part has I decided to go this route. This way the bags will blow in the unfortunate event of collision and no annoying lights.

It's a great product and I hope they can figure it out. Hell, I'd become a distributor for them if it all works out.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,046 Posts
So the seat presence sensor in the passenger seat is bad. It's hundreds of dollars for the fix and a bitch of a job in my 109k mile CTS. This unit allows you to intercept the seat presence sensor and tell the computer to activate the passenger airbag. Without this your options are 1) replace presence sensor for $$$$$ or 2) no passenger airbag deployment and an annoying service air bag indicator.

Based on who I know was in the passenger seat for the last 50k, and the B0092 code and based on already messing with the connector and the absolute lousy reputation this exact part has I decided to go this route. This way the bags will blow in the unfortunate event of collision and no annoying lights.

It's a great product and I hope they can figure it out. Hell, I'd become a distributor for them if it all works out.
then that makes sense. I originally thought you would be defeating air bag deployment. Having been in a collision in which the airbag probably saved my life, I'm sensitive to airbag issues.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
Well considering you’re getting a code, same? Whether it being the factory sensor or this aftermarket part. Then instead of switching parts, how about looking into the wiring instead? As that sounds like the next step anyways.

KOT

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2011 Escalade
3 Posts
So have you heard anything from airbag360? I am currently looking at purchasing one for my 2007 CTS. I jump on here did a search and found this thread. I can put off ordering until the issue is resolved. I am glad to hear that so far you have had a somewhat good experience, ie Product arrived as described, it did turn off the light (if you drive during the day) they are working with you. What is your recommendation?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had some back and fourth with them, provided a few videos showing my issues. They are still working to figure it out so YMMV. I'm hoping they can solve it but if not i'm still better off than I was before.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2011 Escalade
3 Posts
My Update, 3/28/19: I did order a CTS module from AirBag 360 on March 19, it arrived Mar 27. They did provided a tracking number. I installed the module today. The DTC B0092 Passed on the next ign cycle, air bag light off, passenger seat shows occupied. I cleared the codes. Just for testing purpose I did turn on the headlights, No Problem. However I covered the sun-sensor so the car would start with headlights enabled and the air bag code was back. Looks like if I use the headlamps manually there is not an issue, but the auto setting kicks the airbag light on. I will also contact them so they don't think your issue is a 1-off problem. I have seen Many people not use auto headlight setting so this problem could go unnoticed with customer that don't use the auto headlamps. Before.jpg After.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, at least it's not my crazy car! I have to reach back out and see if they have any resolutions yet. If not I think some type of refund, partial at least is in order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone figure out a way to fix this yet?
My cars mechanic just disabled the auto lights so the airbags would work, but now there are no lighting for anything interior such as buttons, so I sure would be happy to get that back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so when I got my car a few weeks ago the airbag light was on with a B0092 for the passenger presence sensor being the culprit. I went with the airbag360 emulator because it was the most effective fix, as my car was not covered by the recall.

Move forward a week and it comes, I hook it up and all seems great until later that night (keep in mind NIGHT, it's going to matter later) when i'm going home and the light is on. I try to unplug it, plug it back in ect, everytime I got to work or come home it's on. Now it won't go off at all. Move a few more days when i'm off running errands it's fine, no issues. The next day, i'm up at 6am headed to work and it's back on again. WTF???

I messaged AirBag360 and never heard from them. Now over the couple days I figured something out. When it was zero degrees out I had gone out to warm the car up and I turned my headlights off, started it and went in. 2 minutes later I come back out to leave and the airbag light is off! Yay! I go, put my headlights on and 5 seconds later the light comes back. Son of a B****! Same thing the next day, I start it with the lights off and when I get in, turn the lights on, and the bag light follows.

Ok so now i'm like, maybe I can repeat this and sure enough, I can make the airbag light go on and off! I have not yet pulled the code to see if it's the same, but DAMN, this is a weird one. Now remember I said night was important, well most of the time it's been dark out when i'm coming or going to work, so the autolamps would always activate.

So to add insult to injury the passenger airbag light exhibits the following indication all depnding on when the lights come on.

Car started with autolamps on and turned on before car is started ----- Passenger Airbag OFF and ON are light up together
Car started first and then manual activation of lights ------ Passenger Airbag ON is the only one to stay lit

I can literally make the airbag light come on and off at will. It's totally crazy. Has anyone else had any experience with the AirBag360 emulator? Also any other comments or ideas are welcome.

This is an 2006 I got for free with 108k and i've had some interesting experiences so far! More stories to come!
Did you happen to see anything in your research that would allow this to work with V-2 cts-v?? 2011?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,046 Posts
Did you happen to see anything in your research that would allow this to work with V-2 cts-v?? 2011?
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully someone will see your question. The OP hasn't logged on in 11 months. Or, go ahead and start your own thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts