Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Webasto Sunroof(Aftermarket) issue

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  90LDOE 
#1 ·
Hey anyone overly familiar with Webasto sunroofs and motors? Aftermarket on my 97 DeVille.
Mine had not been stopping where it was supposed to last fall so I just left it closed. While checking the issue I finally figured out the pin holding the Green timing gear is either broken at the top or not staked properly. I can pull the pin slap out. If I push the pin all the way in and green gear is timed properly it works but starts backing the pin out and eventually pulls away from the white gear that turns it.

Does someone know if this pin is staked on the backside?
I was thinking either to knurl the pin so it can't back out or some JB weld? Don't want to drop the headliner if I can help it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well after some thought I did grease the wheel itself(to keep any epoxy from sticking and lube). Jb Weld on the tip and shoved it back in, so far so good. A crappy job staking the pin at the factory.

While I was there took half a roll of old nasty duct tape off the wiring, the A pillar and under the head liner.
Man it was nasty nasty nasty. The idiots that put the sunroof in just taped the wires where ever they wanted and not really where they should have been run. I taped together and put them all in wire loom from the dash all the way to the motor. Everything tucks in nicely. Used couple dabs of hot glue just to hold them in a couple spots. I really hate fixing lazy stupid peoples work. No after shot I was tired and mad... after 2+ hrs of cleaning the mess up. Sunroof works nicely and wiring looks factory or better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.