Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
cts v coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello has anyone had the weapon x lowering springs installed and had any issues with them i installed mine and have clunk sound when i accelerate for the first time in the mornings and at times i get spring noise any feedback would appreciate it.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
775 Posts
I installed the Weapon-X springs yesterday. No rubbing issues or noises yet. The write-up of their install on the ATS-V in their forum was helpful. It might be that the clunking noise you heard was due to the longer shock bolt being mounted in the spot of the shorter trailing arm bolt, and vice versa. The shock bolt is about 3/4"-1" longer than need be, and it's counterintuitive that the longer bolt runs through the shock mount. It's possible that mistakenly putting the longer shock bolt through the trailing arm bushing may allow the bolt itself to contact the rear control arm under cornering. There is not enough clearance for the two to run past each other. I know this because I realized I got them backwards when doing mine, and looking at the clearance between the longer bolt & control arm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts