Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. Maybe someone here is familiar with this issue. I have a 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD with CUE system. I live in Western New York and the weather here has been brutal this winter. Very, very cold temperatures. I've been noticing the heat in my ATS seems like it isn't coming out at it's fullest potential. Fan speed turned all the way up, temperature set to "HI", yet still not very hot. It only seems to be at its warmest when the vehicle is moving or accelerating. Whenever I'm at a light or idling it seems to drop in temperature slightly. Anybody know the potential reason for this? I'm thinking maybe the weather has something to do with it.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Man it's just to damn cold. Mine has to run for 2 remote starts before I get in it this winter. I haven't seen temps like this on a daily basis here. But I know what you are saying. At a light it doesn't put out as much heat. I feel it in my legs first. Seats also but I wont get into that. What really gets hot and I love is the steering wheel.

·
Registered
ATS
415 Posts
I had kind of issue with the heat cause it was cool out (like in the 40s) but there was no heat (or much air really) coming out of the vents. I always have it on auto for 72 degrees. Anyways I went into cue to the A/C mode and noticed the air wasn't set to the main forward vents. Once I set that, the heat definitely came out fine through the main vents.

·
Registered
08 Cadillac CTS DI (sold), 13 Cadillac ATS 3.6L
102 Posts
I have the same problem but I like to use the AUTO setting. Took it into the dealer for service and all they can say is that for the AUTO setting that the system is sensitive to any additional heat in the car such as body heat since its a small cabin. I had a 2008 CTS and never really had that problem. My solution is to just run it higher than I normally would and make use of the heated seats.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
My 3.6L has no issues keeping me warm. Even in -32*C like today.
Although it runs so efficiently, when idling for a period, the engine will cool. It keeps heat once its moving.
If your car is 'bad' you might need a storm front. What many of us use around here because no cars can stay warm while idling in these temps.
People will take cardboard, or a slice of carpet, (or sometimes a Cloud Rider grill will be enough) and mount it in front of the rad to keep from cooling too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts