Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
00 Catera Sport
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help again Cat Gurus :)

I am trying to diagnose why the air blowing out of my vents is so weak. Off of the AUTO setting with both the driver and passenger controls set to 60 degrees, the Recirculating Air on, the fan control maxed out, and set to forward facing vents only I still get a very noticeable airflow from the floor vents and an almost useless airflow from my forward facing vents. To get any kind of relief I have to shut off almost every other vent in the car, including the back, the passengers next to the window, and the 2nd of the center two above the instrument panel where only two will be blowing on me to get any kind of relief from this memphis heat.

I'm hoping this isn't the norm and that you guys can be of some much needed assistance before I fall dead of a heat stroke down here LOL

·
Registered
97 Catera
31 Posts
yeah under your windshield on passenger side is a compartment that contains a "cabin filter" (autozone anywhere carries them) if its clogged or full of crap (this compartment holds a ton of leaves if your drain isnt cleared regularly) you wont get any air into your cabin... could also be the seals around your a/c ducting dry rotting and falling through or getting blown out (seen this in smokers cars, seals dont like the nicotene for some reason) if this is the case youd hear alot of whistling under your dash as the air leaks past.. maybe your Blower motor is crapping out...

PS i live in Memphis and it aint nowhere near hot yet : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem but the wife said she heard some type of grinding when she went to switch the location the of the air flow (from lets say "dash vents" to underdash or floor" vents). Since that moment, we are getting a bare minimum of air flow from ANYWHERE! What you feel is ice cold and is moving, but it seems as though a gear, maybe plastic, that opens, shuts and redirects the air flow may have taken an "Opel", if you know what I mean. Any input as to another assumption or maybe even an approximate cost or name of the part? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bkc Oh yes, it's a 2001

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bkc here again...I have one other issue that is baffling to me. I have an "orange brake warning" light on my dash. I have had the brakes checked, they're good and/but the rotors are just slightly warped and just inside (cannot be turned) turning specs. Could this be why this warning light stays on? or does it need to be "programed" to "shut off" since the brakes have be checked? and I do have a strange code that comes up when diagnosed. It's a "PO411"??? says something about a "secondary air injection incorrect up-stream flow?????? What's that all about...Help!! other than that...the cars just okee-dokee!

·
Registered
97 Catera
31 Posts
Chainburce the orange light you see is a brake wear indicator light..you need to either replace your wear indicator sensors or just remove them and jump the wires..this will turn your light off...the P0411 is usually caused by a faulty MAF sensor. its located inside your intake hose upstream from your throttle body. go buy some electronics cleaner and clean your MAF sensor with it, be advised this is a temporary fix and you will eventually have to replace your MAF sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts