Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like toyota will purchase gm. Thats good for us because they will make the cars and trucks as reliable as a toyota and maybe they will stop production of the new expedition knock off.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
195 Posts
Where is this information coming from. I dont see The General selling out! If they do yeah the look may be better but this is how i see it, The tundra is a nice truck but the thing i noticed is that the rear axle is no bigger than the tacoma. They do not offer a heavy duty! what will become of the heavy duty lines and what would happen to the high horsepower big blocks and te V series.

D

·
0 Posts
Got a link?. It would be sad but maybe good at the same time. Look at what Mercedes has done for Chrysler!.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
This won't happen, at least for many, many years! And I like the new Expedition, it's as American as apple pie and baseball :D!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
yeahhhh so is this information valid and credible or is this somebody's theory?

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Oh, it's valid alright. Toyota announced today that they intend to do a hostile takeover of GM by buying out a controlling share of stock. Years of shoddy cars and increasing salaries from whiny union employees caused all of this. It's a shame, but at the same time, I think it will be good for GM. No more Cavaliers or Berettas...its a very good thing indeed...

j/k:p:lies:

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Post a link or leave it alone.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
ben72227 said:
Actually, I just googled it, and it seems like there is going to be a merger with Honda:bighead:

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/12/09/gm-to-go-japanese-possibly/

Some guy named Kerkorkian (he was responsible for Daimler taking over Chrysler) is on GM's board of executives now...:eek:
All I saw in that link is rumor and speculation followed up with opinions. How about something more credible?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
If there are any more personal attacks in this thread it's history.

·
Registered
2000 Black DeVille & 1994 Concours
963 Posts
Kev said:
All I saw in that link is rumor and speculation followed up with opinions. How about something more credible?
^^^^^^^^^^^^YEAH THAT^^^^^^^^^:highfive: :thehand:

:yeah: :yeah:

:thepan:

:cool2:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
You know I hadnt thought about that. They dont have to "buy" GM... they can just "merge" like the DaimlerChrysler merger and then the rest could be done quietly...

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
GM owns part of Toyota, so it would seem you are saying that they are going to buy their parent company.
Ever seen a Prizm? GM also owns Saab, and portions of Isuzu and hundreds of other companies.
Besides that, any company that was even able to buy GM wouldn't just stop building GM cars, that would be retarded. Why would you buy a car company to stop building cars?

I agree, this is someones agenda based on speculatoin.
Don't believe everything you hear, see on TV, or read on the internet.
There are a lot of liars out there.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow! I didnt know that, this is so wierd to hear!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
That's the sharpest looking Toyota I've ever seen.....

What the hell is with this thread anyway? Well I guess if we're all just throwing crap out there.....

It was announced today that Congress has passed a law allowing any US citizen one free kill of another US citizen free of prosecution. You only get one so pick wisely and have fun kids....

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
It was announced today that Congress has passed a law allowing any US citizen one free kill of another US citizen free of prosecution. You only get one so pick wisely and have fun kids....
LMAO!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts